Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: "Journey Through Time" Exhibit in Little Saigon

Montreal , Canada. Los Angeles, California

Re: "Journey Through Time" Exhibit in Little Saigon

The “Journey Through Time” Exhibition was a big success. My special thanks to Mr Linh Nguyen and the reporters team from Nguoi Viet daily news , the love and the support by the family and friends. Thanks also to Matt for his artistic help with the display and for taking pictures for the event. Least but not last, a big thanks to my friend Jim who joined me with the exhibition. Your contribution was valuable in our effort to introduce and the most beautiful process and images to the Vietnamese community in Little Saigon.

The turn out was great. People were very impressed not only with the displayed images but also with a 100 years old camera and lenses are still being used by the artists in the digital world. The massive size of the negatives and contact prints really inspired people.

Here are some pictures taken from a friend.Thanks Errol for the wonderful documentation.

LF/ULF Carbon Printer Jim Fitzgerald's Avatar

Tri, love the close up of the Cooke! I agree great show! Thanks for making me a part of it. The turn out was great and we all had a great time.

Can't think why you would allow your work to be overshadowed by all that brass.

David it wasn't. We both received many nice compliments on our work. Many people who were not familiar with film photography came and were amazed that we could produce such imagery with these old cameras. It was an educational exhibition and I feel we accomplished our goal. I must say the room was just the right size for the work we showed.

Thats ok. All I have seen are the pictures in the thread.

A very nice surprise was the AP photographer Nick Ut who showed up at the exibition, world known for this picture for those who haven't seen it. He has this picture of him with a Chamonix 20x24 camera. Thanks Nick for coming by!

Our Jim is famous now!

This looks like a great exhibiiton and I am so sorry I had to miss it (due to work, again...)...but I have a question.

In the second to last photograph above, some prints on the left are mounted in frames, but it looks like without glass. I'm guessing these are carbons mounted this way to show off the relief...? How are these mounted to the mount board? Hinged with linen tape?

I didn't realize what a large exhibit this was, it is just an amzing accomplishment for the two of you. Tri, I look forward to meeting you someday soon...and also to Jim, it's always a pleasure to share your wonderful company. Bravo!

Paul, thanks for the nice compliment. Tri, yes I'm famous in the Vietnamese community?? Right!! It was fun giving my speech on TV! I can't remember what I said but it was fun. This was a large exhibit, Paul. Tri and I had over 60 prints on display. All of the prints were without glazing to detract from the images. Tris Platinum prints are stunning and I wish more forum members would have joined us for this great exhibit.
    Tri, will have to answer how his Platinum prints are mounted because it is his work in the second to the last image. I use corner mounts for my carbon work.