Page 17 of 21 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: January 2011 Portraits

Re: January 2011 Portraits

Quote Originally Posted by creep View Post
    La Senza underwear session

P2+150L
    Tomas, me with my girlfriend in vain if we think we like it or not. Shes pretty, light's pretty, space's pretty, but together it does not fit for us. Sorry, but i look your site with other works and... its good...
    Stanislav Kolarik _ PHOTOGRAPHY
    Your sheet is black. It's exposed correctly? ___ Yes, it's my autoportrait in darkroom...

Quote Originally Posted by jp498 View Post
    The color and B&W versions both look very nice.

BTW, very clean shop! Which welder are you using? I see the hoses/wires for 3 setups going to you.
    Thanks - The shop is at the University of Colorado so I try to keep it very clean and orderly for students, etc. The two Oxy Acetylene carts are just for theatrical effect. I am using the stick welder because it puts off a lot of light and slag, but we also have MIGs, TIGs, Plasma Torches and other fun tools to try photographing.

Quote Originally Posted by argos33 View Post
    Thanks - The shop is at the University of Colorado so I try to keep it very clean and orderly for students, etc. The two Oxy Acetylene carts are just for theatrical effect. I am using the stick welder because it puts off a lot of light and slag, but we also have MIGs, TIGs, Plasma Torches and other fun tools to try photographing.
    naaajzzz
    Stanislav Kolarik _ PHOTOGRAPHY
    Your sheet is black. It's exposed correctly? ___ Yes, it's my autoportrait in darkroom...

Quote Originally Posted by Jay Decker View Post
    Thomas - Superb Work! Compositional elements, lighting, and your work with the model, e.g., positioning, expression, and emotional projection, all work incredibly well together.

Thanks for sharing with us!
    Hmm, sorry about this.. but at first i saw a plastic doll, took me some time to realize it actually was a real person, so i wonder about the emotional side of this image?

technically this was shot a few months ago, but I JUST got it processed and scanned.

Virginia and Sydney in Tallahassee

Calumet 4x5, Kodak Tmax400, HC110 Dil:B
    aaronamodt.com

Steffi Rox by Toby Key, on Flickr

This month I am mostly stealing from Richard Avedon

Quote Originally Posted by monkeymon View Post
    Hmm, sorry about this.. but at first i saw a plastic doll, took me some time to realize it actually was a real person, so i wonder about the emotional side of this image?
    This image is closer to edges and not safely in the middle where it will have broader viewer appeal. On my calibrated computer monitor the image has graduated skin tones and she looks real. She is has a unique appearance in this image; the angle of her head and her long neck on her body are visually unusual and interesting. There is a feeling that she is tall and beautiful in many respects, but also awkward and gangly.

However on my laptop monitor, which is not accurately calibrated, the center of visual interest is overpoweringly the shiny part of the bra and bra's contrast with her skin, which is not the case on my calibrated computer monitor. The facial tones do look "plastic" on my laptop screen. So, what we might be different images also.

I for one find it visually interesting.

Consulting the pineal gland

Quote Originally Posted by creep View Post

La Senza underwear session

P2+150L
    Well I like it a lot. Its got a direct unique and moderately edgy look to me. I'd have classified it as fashion rather than portrait from just having seen the image itself.

Shot it in May actually at the Tillman Crane / Russ Young soft focus workshop. This in the Olson House in Cushing ME. "Scanned in January" is more like it. 4x5 TMY2 in xtol. My shooting notes are in a reallllly safe place right now and without them, I can't remember if it was shot with a Kodak 305 portrait or a veritar. (Sorry for the CRS moment) Wide open, whichever it was. In addition to the backlight, there was some light from the stairway and some from a portable wescott 5-in-1 reflector. I was backed into a dark corner and couldn't get a wider view than shown here.

Andrew Moxom

Here's a whole plate sized wet plate collodion on aluminum image. It was shot with a Kodak 2D 8x10 camera and 13" Darlot F4 petzval. Exposure time was 15 seconds. It was lit with 1 Interfit SC655 cool-lite head with all 6 bulbs lit and a reflector on the other side of model Pam.