Thread: Alternative to Hahnemuhle Fine Art Pearl Inkjet (high bulk - thick postcards)

Alternative to Hahnemuhle Fine Art Pearl Inkjet (high bulk - thick postcards)

I recently used a tin of $$$ Hahnemuhle Fine Art Pearl Inkjet paper (it comes in a fancy tin box and costs $18 for only 30 4x6 cards) that printed and mailed very well as normal postcards. They also gus it up with rounded corners but those are quite easy to do with a craft shop corner rounder (thank you scrapbooking ladies...).

But it's so darn expensive! What I like about it is that even though its weight is only 285 gsm -- which is lighter than a lot of other inkjet papers -- it is thick and bulky so it mail better by virtual of being thicker and stiffer.

For example Epson Ultra Premium Glossy Photo Paper is 305 gsm and just flops there like a limp dishrag (prints fine though).

Any suggestions for a less expensive high-bulk inkjet paper with a smooth white surface? Coming precut to 4x6 American postcard size would make it all the better....

Re: Alternative to Hahnemuhle Fine Art Pearl Inkjet (high bulk - thick postcards)

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Petronio View Post
    I recently used a tin of $$$ Hahnemuhle Fine Art Pearl Inkjet paper (it comes in a fancy tin box and costs $18 for only 30 4x6 cards) that printed and mailed very well as normal postcards. They also gus it up with rounded corners but those are quite easy to do with a craft shop corner rounder (thank you scrapbooking ladies...).

But it's so darn expensive! What I like about it is that even though its weight is only 285 gsm -- which is lighter than a lot of other inkjet papers -- it is thick and bulky so it mail better by virtual of being thicker and stiffer.

For example Epson Ultra Premium Glossy Photo Paper is 305 gsm and just flops there like a limp dishrag (prints fine though).

Any suggestions for a less expensive high-bulk inkjet paper with a smooth white surface? Coming precut to 4x6 American postcard size would make it all the better....
    Frank,

Try Costco Kirkland 4x6 glossy good inexpensive paper:

http://www.costco.com/Browse/Product...=1&topnav=&s=1

Sorry about the long URL, here is a tiny one:

http://tinyurl.com/26b32h6

Don Bryant

Re: Alternative to Hahnemuhle Fine Art Pearl Inkjet (high bulk - thick postcards)

Have you tried Red River Paper's card stock?

I don't print post cards so I can't say how well they will meet your needs. I think you can get an inexpensive sample pack.
    Never is always wrong; always is never right.

www.LostManPhoto.com
    www.MarkStahlkePhotography.com