Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lens Cases for LF

Re: Lens Cases for LF

Since I got hold of a Century Studio I have a parallel problem of the safe and tidy storage of large lenses mounted on 9x9" boards. Basically I have looking for a slightly oversize solid box (plywood or aluminium) about 10x10" and quite long for 2 or 3 mounted lenses. No success, until yesterday.
    I was dragged out to IKEA last night (to buy a new WC!) and found exactly the right size - with enough room to mount wood strips in the side to give support and allow the boards to slide out. Not the most elegant solution but is good enough for me.
    Found in storage furniture - model here is called "Kassett".

I haven't had time to make the wood strips - so the lenses are held apart by lens caps. I have absolutely no connection with IKEA - they don't need my help!

Some 3 years ago I got a camera and some lens cases (semi-soft) from Photobackpacker - the best one for me is the LS-1150-4. It weights next to nothings, I can fit all my lenses (minus one that is on the camera) inside, the dividers hold inside really well, offers very good protection and even though it is in the backpack at the very bottom it still works perfectly. And Bruce is very nice guy to make business with.
    Matus

I use the photobackpacker cases as weLl and agree completely with the last post.

Leo

I use a photobackpacker case for my lenses in addition to one for my Tachihara 4x5. I had major back surgery (a fusion) in 94 so i don't get along with backpacks. Instead I put all my gear except for my tripod in a cheap McGuire-Nicholas cordura tool case that I bought online from Home Depot. It has a telescoping handle and wheels on it. The photobacker cases protect my equipment very well.