Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What subjects do we shoot?

What subjects do we shoot?

i shoot statistically-improbable chaos-induced spectral vortices emanating unexpectedly from surficial textures of urban niches. (And some landscapes, too.)

doh!

~cj

Look at the survey conducted two years ago at http://www.ai.sri.com/~luong/photography/lf/polls/poll2.html The vast majority of readers are landscape photographers.

Something I would LIKE to photograph is a couple of kids who ride their dirt bikes behind my job-site. I'm itching to try to set up some shots of them catching air and freezing them with strobes. Hey, there was a guy in the 19th century who photographed African wildlife with LF including a charging elephant.

Main Streets in America.

I, too, shoot just abnout whatever excites me at the moment. My work is not too 'subject oriented'. But a project I'm beginning to get going on now is to do portraits, if you will, of these old, white small-town churches. They're going away, and being replaced by huge 7-11 looking buildings. They used to be a part of the community's life and now they're leaving. I figure someone should document them in a thoughtful, sensitive way. I'm in the Northwest, north of Seattle, so there are plenty to choose from.

Industrial landscape, mostly. Abandoned warehouses, interiors of empty grain silos, etc. Almost no landscape. Shoot what you love and have an eye for, I say ...which has me giving Trevor's suggestion of "groins" serious thought.

Ooops! That should have been "groynes" not "groins". I'm not that weird. Its an idea though and could catch on.

Regards,

All metric sizes to 24x30 Ole Tjugen's Avatar

If it moves, it's too fast.

"Wow, look at that snail go!"

Lately I'm passionate about handheld for people involved in activities or at outdoor events. I especially like nature spirits; Those faces in trees, rocks and clouds that look like animals and people. The latter will be a book one day.

Well, I DO photograph 'groins;' I shoot nudes (primarily B&W abstracts and semi-abstracts) and landscapes, both the 'grand' landscapes and what I'd call 'medium' landscapes, i.e. buildings and the like. Haven't gotten much into some other areas, including the macrolandscape, which I notice but normally don't (yet) photograph.

And I admit to shooting the occasional flower. I've got some critters in the yard I'd love to get on LF, but neither the lizards nor the hummingbirds want to hold still long enough. Unfortunately. I think a good full-frame portrait of a hummer, even perched, would be fabulous.

Tony