Re: Nude

Quote Originally Posted by Aurélien87 View Post

Linhof Bi-System / Fujinon 250SF / HP5 and rodinal
    I like, nice photo.
    Giovanni

Quote Originally Posted by Aurélien87 View Post

Linhof Bi-System / Fujinon 250SF / HP5 and rodinal
    This is such a wonderful shot. The curves and rhythm and the goose bumps are icing on the cake!

Big Bend

Quote Originally Posted by r.e. View Post
    Frank had a carefully ordered portfolio of his images of women on the Internet not so long ago. It may still be there, in which case you might find it useful to have a look at it. It was artistically accomplished and the complete opposite of misogynistic. I can understand why, if one sees one or two if his images in isolation, one might come to your conclusion. Together, you could not be further from the truth. I think that he is creating a pastiche on the kinds of nudes that are posted here regularly, and that his work goes much deeper than the pastiche. He has a firm grasp of irony, but also pathos.
    I rather agree, and ironically view the attitude of certain poster as inordinately misandrous.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Suderman View Post
    Originally Posted by Jay DeFehr

I predict that soon a new kind of imaging will evolve that doesn't require a camera of any kind, or manual manipulation of any kind. It will be truly subjective, and transcend physical technique. I call it Quimaging. The quimager will simply look into a field and imagine an image, and the image will emerge, with higher resolution than is possible with classical optics. I wonder what quimagers will find to argue about?

That began in the 60's and they argued Timothy Leary...

PHOTOS PLEASE!
    No, it didn't begin n the 60s, and the technology is only now being developed that will form the basis for the application. While Warhol might have been an enthusiastic quimager, he never had the opportunity. I think some of us will.

Quote Originally Posted by Jay DeFehr View Post
    I predict that soon a new kind of imaging will evolve that doesn't require a camera of any kind, or manual manipulation of any kind. It will be truly subjective, and transcend physical technique. I call it Quimaging. The quimager will simply look into a field and imagine an image, and the image will emerge, with higher resolution than is possible with classical optics. I wonder what quimagers will find to argue about?
    Have you checked out the definition of the word "quim"?

Quote Originally Posted by cowanw View Post
    Have you checked out the definition of the word "quim"?
    Didn't have to. I doubt the two terms will be confused, though adolescents might get a giggle, much as do every time the number 69 is mentioned, or someone is introduced as Dick. I think we can expect a lot more QU prefixes as quantum technology becomes mainstream, like I for information/intelligence, or E for electronic.

FP100, Toyo 45A, 210mm Nikkor-W.

I usually print this style from med format negs, little more room to crop...but here's a 4x5 printed today...using up some old partial paper boxes...

Adox Pan 25 4x5 - Eastman View #2 - 6" petzval - 3 seconds +- - Print scan - Toned

Comments - Critique - Welcome - Thanks

Large Format Rocks ImSoNegative's Avatar

"The greater the artist, the greater the doubt, perfect confidence is given to the less talented as a consolation prize" not sure who said it, but i found it in readers digest years ago and never forgot it. gandolfi i really enjoy your work, i dont consider myself an artist either, i paint, i teach art classes, some folks call me an artist because of that, I dont think so, there are many people on the forum that i consider artists you are one of them in my opinion, when i look at an image and it makes me feel a certain way, then it is art to me, and the one that created it is the artist, just want to say thanks for your posts and many others that i enjoy look ing at.
    "WOW! Now thats a big camera. By the way, how many megapixels is that thing?"

thanks - you're not so negative as your "name" suggests...