Page 47 of 406 FirstFirst ... 3745464748495797147 ... LastLast

Thread: Nude

Re: Nude

Quote Originally Posted by Nathan Appel View Post
    OK, cya later.

My lenses are always too foggy. How do you guys solve that problem?

I find the best nudes are done before (or without) sex. I lose interest afterwards. I'd happily stay hands-off with anyone if they'll just pose for me.

Thanks Ash, at least you don't automatically assume that a woman with her clothes off is sexually available.

I quite enjoyed the story about the young woman smart enough to take photos of knees and elbows.

Years ago I took a series of nude self portraits for a school assignment. They weren't raunchy - were meant to portray shy-wild-thing-in-the-woods. My 50+ year old teacher (balding, beer belly, big red drinkers nose) thought they were an invitation, groped at my breasts, was offended by my refusal, and spent the rest of the year sexually harrassing me. I quit photography school because I couldn't avoid him - he was a big cheese, big name. When I tried to complain about his actions I was told I should be flattered.

It's sad and disturbing that more than 3 decades later those sexist attitudes are still being worn proudly by some of the men on this forum.

Of course, now that I'm a grandmother, the men most likely to make sexist comments here, would be disgusted by a glimpse of my middle-aged body.

Sly
    Thanks for your post
    Good for you.

Sly,
    the only three women and one man who have posed nude for me have all been over 49. I prefer to photograph older people because they have more character and are usually more comfortable in their skin than younger people. The photos I take may not flatter them and make them look younger but all 4 of them have said that they liked the results and would do it again.
    Just because you're a grandmother makes no difference (or shouldn't).
    Mike

Sly, I'd have any person of any age and gender pose for me. Groping and harassment wouldn't wash these days

Well I keep shooting my "body landscapes"

All are shot on Fomapan 100 developed in rodinal 1+50. These are scans.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Wynd View Post
    Sly,
    the only three women and one man who have posed nude for me have all been over 49. I prefer to photograph older people because they have more character and are usually more comfortable in their skin than younger people. The photos I take may not flatter them and make them look younger but all 4 of them have said that they liked the results and would do it again.
    Just because you're a grandmother makes no difference (or shouldn't).
    Mike
    I've not noticed you making any of the nudge, nudge, wink, wink comments Michael. You sound like a gentleman and a grown-up. I'm sure I'd enjoy your photos.

I wasn't trying to imply that all the men on the forum are sexist. The one's I've met are lovely guys. The handful of chauvanists here are working hard to keep the cliche of photographer-as-sexual-predator alive.

Stuck inside of Tucson with the Neverland Blues again...

In only my opinion, of course, the very best nudes were done by photographers who were intimate with their models, but the best of their work was done long after the intimate relationship was established; Alfred Steiglitz and Georgia O'Keefe, Callahan and his wife Eleanor, even Weston in his multiple relationships (Modotti, Noskowiak, Wilson) seems to have done his best work well into the relationships.
    "I love my Verito lens, but I always have to sharpen everything in Photoshop..."