Page 230 of 406 FirstFirst ... 130180220228229230231232240280330 ... LastLast
Results 2,291 to 2,300 of 4060

Thread: Nude

Re: Nude

Jah, 5x7 tintype

Ed Ross

Ed,

I like the way how you framed the shot and her expression was terrific as well!

Hugo

Quote Originally Posted by life_in_sepia View Post
    Jah, 5x7 tintype

Ed,

Are you using a different light source? This seems very different from your other images, yes you've toned it but I mean the light source and exposure level.

Quote Originally Posted by stradibarrius View Post
    I just don't understand why people who protest so loudly are even reading the thread they are complaining about???? If I see a thread that I don't like I don't waist my time reading it and move on to something that does interest me. The only problem with the shots of women with perfect bodies is that there are so many of them. That doesn't stop me from looking at them but it is really difficult to produce an image that is unique.

I did this shot about 2 weeks ago and certainly would not classify it as sexy but I felt it conveyed something.
    Is this the same model you posted earlier? I love her figure, her age and "bush" and the way she carries herself, wish I could work with her.

As far as you style, love that too, the light, interesting tones, I'd like to know if this was pulled any, etc.

Thanks for sharing.

Quote Originally Posted by StoneNYC View Post
    Ed,

Are you using a different light source? This seems very different from your other images, yes you've toned it but I mean the light source and exposure level.
    Hi Stone. I have moved (yet again). The newest is a live/work space. Still shaded sunlight though. 20 second exposure. I don't have a scanner set up. So this is a photo of the plate. The tone is off -- should be warmer. I appreciate the feedback from you and Hugo! Regards, Ed
    Ed Ross

Hi Stone. I have moved (yet again). The newest is a live/work space. Still shaded sunlight though. 20 second exposure. I don't have a scanner set up. So this is a photo of the plate. The tone is off -- should be warmer. I appreciate the feedback from you and Hugo! Regards, Ed
    Hi Ed, and as always thanks to you as well, enjoy the new place. Sounds more private for easier to take nudes

I hope to have more up soon, weather has been funky and haven't shot as many models

Be well

So when you say shaded sunlight you mean you were outside but under a solid awning of some type and exposed for 20 seconds? If you were in noon sun how long would you expose?

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Paschke View Post
    So when you say shaded sunlight you mean you were outside but under a solid awning of some type and exposed for 20 seconds? If you were in noon sun how long would you expose?
    3 seconds

Warning I have no experience, but if you look at Ed's previous images he's used about that time for some outside shots he's done.

Very beautiful, Ed Ross!!!
    www.christo.stankulov.com

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Paschke View Post
    Yes, Mark. The live/work space I'm in has a 20-foot ceiling. One end has a roll-up door that opens up nearly to the ceiling. I got an old parachute and pulled it across the opening at about 7 feet, for privacy. I shoot inside in the shade, near the opening.

I have found that exposure times for collodion are highly inconsistent. There are a number of variables in the chemistry, including the age of the base collodion stock, the age of the mixed collodion stock, and the strength of the developer being used. The mix I'm using now seems to be a tad on the slow side. Of course the available UV light can also fluctuate greatly day to day, and even shot to shot (which was killing me in Yosemite for the octotych).

If I were shooting this in full direct sun, I would guess it at about one second.

Thanks for the feedback! Ed
    Ed Ross