Page 84 of 406 FirstFirst ... 3474828384858694134184 ... LastLast

Thread: Nude

Re: Nude

Quote Originally Posted by Asher Kelman View Post
    Nathan,

Could you explain your thoughts behind this duo of ladies in your picture. The one in the foreground is sharply focussed and rather frightening, while the one in the b.g. seems so much more elegant but, blurred.

Asher
    Thanks Asher, the shoot was inspired by Carlo Mollino's early polaroids of prostitutes, in fact I brought the book for reference for the ladies. I enjoy and am intrigued by women's sexuality, so with the lighting/heavy shadows sharper focus of the forefront model shows one side of sexuality while the softness but provocative pose of the second model show another side of sex games. I also really really wanted to see if my camera/xenotar lens was working well.

Quote Originally Posted by Nathan Appel View Post
    fuji fp100c45 150mm Xenotar 2.8 homemade camera
    This image has drawn me back a few times to look again. I love the layers here, the OOF for the rear lady really does add the mystery.

Nice
    david

"""
    13x18 Delta100
    Voigtlander Portrait Euryscop

Quote Originally Posted by ustas View Post

"""
    13x18 Delta100
    Nice rhythm....!
    Beautiful grey distribution....
    Lovely modele.....
    .... like this pic a lot.
    thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ustas View Post

"""
    13x18 Delta100

Such elegant richness! This lady has intrigue, self-worth and beauty. Her body arcs in a gesture of intimacy, trust and comfort, counterbalanced exquisitely by a stationary blot of flowers. Amazing that I see this in color! That's an attribute of a B&W picture moving us to a place where the image becomes a gymnasium for our own imagination, (the "imaginorium", I call it). Art does that by disciplined disclosure. B&W images hide the colors. You, Ustas, hold back more and because of that, we add our own thoughts in the generous space you provide.

This photograph is unique and worthy of collecting.

Asher

She just looks bored and sulky to me. I thought it was maybe ironic - Most nude models look that away to me.
    Last edited by sly; 17-Oct-2011 at 11:02.

Quote Originally Posted by Asher Kelman View Post
    Such elegant richness! This lady has intrigue, self-worth and beauty. Her body arcs in a gesture of intimacy, trust and comfort, counterbalanced exquisitely by a stationary blot of flowers. Amazing that I see this in color! That's an attribute of a B&W picture moving us to a place where the image becomes a gymnasium for our own imagination, (the "imaginorium", I call it). Art does that by disciplined disclosure. B&W images hide the colors. You, Ustas, hold back more and because of that, we add our own thoughts in the generous space you provide.

This photograph is unique and worthy of collecting.

Asher
    Hey Asher, what a finely worded exposition of why that image works. We see the same elegance in the image but you get to the core of the presentation with your perceptive comments. You found the words that I couldn't locate.

Oh, I don't mean to forget Ustas - that is a finely crafted image; even the bend in the foot integrates with the whole.

Nate Potter, Austin TX.

Quote Originally Posted by sly View Post
    She just looks bored and sulky to me. I thought it was maybe ironic - Most nude models look that away to me.
    It is a fine portrait, tho I lean more towards Sly's viewpoint than Ashers'. Sort of an anti-portrait. With an edge that moves it away from the intimate. I wish I could carry my own bad posture so elegantly.

Thumbs up Re: Nude

very nice portraits..i will have to try doing it soon too.

I see an attractive young model, careful lighting and composition... And then a pose and expression that say "disinterested". Good effort from the photographer putting the pieces together, but I don't think he/she was able to coax the pose or the facial expression from the model that would catch my eye and make me interested in the photograph, or even better, interested in the person.