Page 199 of 406 FirstFirst ... 99149189197198199200201209249299 ... LastLast
Results 1,981 to 1,990 of 4060

Thread: Nude

Re: Nude

Quote Originally Posted by life_in_sepia View Post
    Rebecca Lawrence's butt...
    And a lovely one 'tis. (I think she was shaking it. )

Leigh
    If you believe you can, or you believe you can't... you're right.

Fantastic Ed.

Quote Originally Posted by life_in_sepia View Post
    Rebecca Lawrence's butt... (whole plate, Dallmeyer 3B, 2 seconds (she was shivering))

I've been talking with Rebecca for the summer, so found you on MM after confirming I wasn't mistaken about her name. Great stuff . I'm amazed this is all natural light.

Excuse the ignorance but, how is it that some of you know the same models?

Quote Originally Posted by Ramiro Elena View Post
    Excuse the ignorance but, how is it that some of you know the same models?
    Many models are traveling models and so they hit many of the major cities and so they are often shooting with model photographers and often model photographers shoot models who will shoot nude as it gives us more creative options and so that's a fairly small pool of models, so you get to know them, or at least recognize their name.

Scott Davis

Quote Originally Posted by StoneNYC View Post
    Interesting. Well if you're ever in NY/CT/MA let me know I've got a good lineup of Profoto packs/strobes/dishes and boxes yours to test for free and fun bet we could kill that falloff, the farthest away from a subject I've gone is 20 feet in a very wide shot, so, perhaps we could make it work.

Thanks for the prompt reply.
    Stone- just a bit of thought - I tried strobe for wet plate a while back. It does work, but you need a helluva lot of power. I was getting successful exposures at f4.5 with a 2400 w/s pack on full power to a single head about 3 feet from the subject (a still life). Wet plate is primarily UV-sensitive. Most strobe heads today have uv-blocking coatings on the flash tubes if not on the protective glass. To hit an f8, therefore, you're looking at around 8400-9600 w/s. Hope your studio has good circuits. On the up side, you can leave all the packs set to slow recharge as it's typically 10-15 minutes between exposures.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Davis View Post
    Stone- just a bit of thought - I tried strobe for wet plate a while back. It does work, but you need a helluva lot of power. I was getting successful exposures at f4.5 with a 2400 w/s pack on full power to a single head about 3 feet from the subject (a still life). Wet plate is primarily UV-sensitive. Most strobe heads today have uv-blocking coatings on the flash tubes if not on the protective glass. To hit an f8, therefore, you're looking at around 8400-9600 w/s. Hope your studio has good circuits. On the up side, you can leave all the packs set to slow recharge as it's typically 10-15 minutes between exposures.
    Oh wow. I have two Profoto 1200 7B' and a 2400 freeze pack, I think Profoto heads' bulbs don't have that coating but the frosted glass might, just need to take the frost coating off perhaps?

I know where I can get a 4800 pack for about $800 from a retired photog.

Well it was a thought anyway.

Can you "push" a plate?

I've never shot plates but I plan to, it's my understanding they are something like ASA 0.5 or 0.25 or something like that... So I guess it would be pretty hard to do even with a strobe...

Thanks for pointing out the UV info.

I have Photogenic strobes. The are available with both UV and non-UV coated tubes. I expect that other brands also have this option.
    “You often feel tired, not because you've done too much, but because you've done too little of what sparks a light in you.”
    ― Alexander Den Heijer, Nothing You Don't Already Know

I have been using an old Speedotron 4800 pack and head I picked up via eBay from a fairly well known camera store for $550 shipping included. Works well with collodion and blows away my White Lightning 1600ws head which was requiring 4 pops for a decent exposure.

Quote Originally Posted by StoneNYC View Post
    Oh wow. I have two Profoto 1200 7B' and a 2400 freeze pack, I think Profoto heads' bulbs don't have that coating but the frosted glass might, just need to take the frost coating off perhaps?

I know where I can get a 4800 pack for about $800 from a retired photog.

Well it was a thought anyway.

Can you "push" a plate?

I've never shot plates but I plan to, it's my understanding they are something like ASA 0.5 or 0.25 or something like that... So I guess it would be pretty hard to do even with a strobe...

Thanks for pointing out the UV info.

You can also RENT (2) Pro-7/8 packs(2400ws ones) and run then both connected to a bi-tube head. There's 4800w/s(give or take) for ya. I worked on a job last year where we had (4) bi-tube heads, each connected to (2) 2400 generators. That's 19,200 w/s of power running through those, maxed out. We were shooting it into a 20x20 silk, in-studio. Don't ask why, but photographer(out of town guy) asked for it, so we built it. Crazy looking setup, but that's not the craziest thing I've seen/done on a job...

Be aware though: Profoto offers both UV-coated and non-coated cover glass for their heads.
    Also, if yo want the MOST power out of a head, make sure the dome glass ISN'T FROSTED, BUT CLEAR. Frosting takes out 1/2-2/3 of a stop in my experience vs clear glass. If you want the most power, you'll need clear glass covers for the heads.

-Dan