Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: New edition Barnbaum's Art of Photography

New edition Barnbaum's Art of Photography

Bruce Barnbaum has a new edition of The Art of Photography:

http://www.amazon.com/Art-Photograph...0445179&sr=8-1

Re: New edition Barnbaum's Art of Photography

I have and like the first edition. I expect that this one is even better.
    “You often feel tired, not because you've done too much, but because you've done too little of what sparks a light in you.”
    ― Alexander Den Heijer, Nothing You Don't Already Know

a classic!
    Thanks,
    Kirk

at age 73:
    "The woods are lovely, dark and deep,
    But I have promises to keep,
    And miles to go before I sleep,
    And miles to go before I sleep"

First edition sounds pretty good. I have a copy from 1983 entitled, "Photography....An Approach to Personal Expression."

Would that be a prototype version of the current book, or something completely different?

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Lipka View Post
    First edition sounds pretty good. I have a copy from 1983 entitled, "Photography....An Approach to Personal Expression."

Would that be a prototype version of the current book, or something completely different?
    I have the 1994 version, with the same title, labelled second edition. I assume each successive edition has been updated and augmented; the current edition has 364 pages verses 234 in the second ed.

I've ordered it from Amazon, I'll post a comparison to the second edition when it arrives.

I just did Bruce's Death Valley and Eastern Sierras workshop (with Jay Dusard and Jack Dykinga as well) and someone brought an advance copy hot off the presses in Germany for Bruce to look at. He seemed quite pleased with how the edition turned out and most importantly, how the photographs were reproduced. Im waiting on a signed copy from him and looking forward to a good read sometime in the near future.

I received a notice from Amazon that my copy shipped today.

Jim Sidinger

In talking to Bruce: the book is, indeed, an updated and enhanced version of his previous editions of "The Art of Photography...."

One of the things he had been less than happy about was the fact that he could not provide good reproductions of example photographs in his (spiral) bound, self produced editions. Also, he wanted to update to the latest and greatest information / expositons on each topic. This RookNook production has allowed him to do just that.

There were printing problems in getting it out on the original schedule but believe it is to be available via Amazon and Barnes & Noble soon, if not already. For those of us who have ordered through him, we'll have to wait as he left for a trip to South America a few days ago - before he got his copies. He said he intends to sign & ship after his return which should be sometime around Dec. 10.

Should be very good.

Quote Originally Posted by John Bowen View Post
    I received a notice from Amazon that my copy shipped today.
    Same here. Looking forward to it.

Ron Miller

Quote Originally Posted by denverjims View Post
    In talking to Bruce: the book is, indeed, an updated and enhanced version of his previous editions of "The Art of Photography...."

One of the things he had been less than happy about was the fact that he could not provide good reproductions of example photographs in his (spiral) bound, self produced editions. Also, he wanted to update to the latest and greatest information / expositons on each topic. This RookNook production has allowed him to do just that.

There were printing problems in getting it out on the original schedule but believe it is to be available via Amazon and Barnes & Noble soon, if not already. For those of us who have ordered through him, we'll have to wait as he left for a trip to South America a few days ago - before he got his copies. He said he intends to sign & ship after his return which should be sometime around Dec. 10.

Should be very good.
    I have the original as well as a spiral bound I bought through his website. If I had known there were no photographs in the spiral bound or that it was spiral bound, I would not have bought it. Period. And the photos could have been included as a seperate folio. The original is a great work that I reference often.