I am a self taught 35mm photographer (approx. 8 yrs. "hobby guy"); however, I ha ve NO experience with larger format equipment. For the past two years I have be en shooting "product" shots for my company (racing components)- although the res ults are "acceptable", I know a larger format will give the products more depth , color, "life"... I have read books in regard to 4 x 5 and medium format- but I am still seeking an answer- which is best for me?

(1) I would rather work with flash photography- recently purchased a complete El inchrom system.

(2) Digital is the future... I currently have my 35mm slides sent out to be scan ned on a drum scanner. I would like the option for digital photography- esp. for our new web site.

(3) I currently enjoy my 35mm world- so the 4 x 5 or medium format camera would be purchased soley for product shots- although I am sure I will find many other uses- my objective is for "life like" product pictures.

(4) Most of the product is 60" or less in length- most produt is illustrated (en larged) to occupy to 20%-70% of a 8.50" x 11" catalog page.

Help?- I love photography- so I am willing to spend the XXXXXX hours self learni ng either format- but I am unsure which would be the best for me now & in the fu ture.