Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Building a 12 in x 12 in camera

Building a 12 in x 12 in camera

I recall someone saying on the pinhole forum that you can use sheets of cibachrome paper -- though after much searching, I never found the link -- if you do find it, I'd be interested myself.
    Dean Lastoria

Right now I'm experimenting with the use of reversal paper; I'm shooting 8x10 but you can get paper in mega-sizes.

I like it; I've exposed Kodak Radiance III at ASA 12; since it's tungsten paper it's very blue, and I haven't nailed down the filtration yet. I have several filters on order.

This is a good way to do color for a hobbyist (I don't mind that the image is backwards) because it's easy and inexpensive. The paper is about .75 per sheet and my lab is processing it for $1.25. If I can get decently pleasing color with the filters, I'll be set.

That would be my suggestion is to learn to work with the reversal paper.

Larry

I'm currently building a 16"x48" panoramic camera, not an easy task but if you plan to get into the giant stuff get the film first. I'm shooting B&W so film is no problem, for colour I'd suggest either building for a standard size, cutting down something readily available like 20x24 Portra 400 or going the whole hog and getting a special run done.

None of these options are cheap but can be done if you're committed to your work, have deep pockets or can organise grants to make it happen.

good luck

multiplex

try checking out http://rmp.opusis.com/mailman/listinfo/cameramakers these guys make pretty much everything ..