Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: coupled viewfinder on 6x9 cameras?

Re: coupled viewfinder on 6x9 cameras?

Get a #1 Folding Pocket Kodak Special, also listed as #1 Kodak Autographic Special. The camera has front rise and the finder is attached to the front standard.

Here's a sample catalog page: http://mgroleau.com/galerie.php?pic=...e=Kodak%201926

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Fromm View Post
    Get a #1 Folding Pocket Kodak Special, also listed as #1 Kodak Autographic Special. The camera has front rise and the finder is attached to the front standard.

Here's a sample catalog page: http://mgroleau.com/galerie.php?pic=...e=Kodak%201926
    Spare yourself the effort. Thinking that the attached finder while raised or lowered shows what the lens projects on the gg would be technically very naive...

question of the year^^

Next time I will choose a better title. "Viewfinder showing movements?" would have been a better choice.

It looks as if there is still room for technical innovations. There seem to be few solutions like the Silvestri H25 or the mentioned Plaubel 69W ProShift, but these are special cameras for extreme wide angle. What's missing is a solution that works with all focal lengths.

I could also imagine a digital viewfinder on a film camera, that is coupled with the movements. I read about a cool viewfinder app for the iPhone, but of course it will not be able to consider movements.

"Viewfinder showing movements?"

here is one on a 6x9 camera ; I can guarantee that movements are perfectly shown with precision
    http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4063/...de2991c9_b.jpg
    (but this might not be the technical solution you are looking for )

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Helper View Post
    Next time I will choose a better title. "Viewfinder showing movements?" would have been a better choice.

It looks as if there is still room for technical innovations. There seem to be few solutions like the Silvestri H25 or the mentioned Plaubel 69W ProShift, but these are special cameras for extreme wide angle. What's missing is a solution that works with all focal lengths.

I could also imagine a digital viewfinder on a film camera, that is coupled with the movements. I read about a cool viewfinder app for the iPhone, but of course it will not be able to consider movements.
    What you want is a 2x3 SLR. If you read French, here's a survey of the field: http://www.galerie-photo.com/reflex-...nd-format.html If you don't read French, look at the pictures.

Ain't no wide angle lenses for such cameras. If you want wide angle lenses, accurate framing, and larger than 6x6, consider getting a Pentax 67 or a an RB/RZ 67 or a Fuji 680.

Alternatively, what you want is a 6x9 TLR with parallax correction. Dream on.

Small town, South Carolina, US

The Mamiya Universal has a coupled rangefinder/viewfinder and has 6X9 backs. The Super 23 has rear movements also. But you can't see the movements in the viewfinder.

You can 't have everything - but the Horseman technical cameras come close.