Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: My 16x20 in walnut with reversible back and 14x17 reducing back is here!

My 16x20 in walnut with reversible back and 14x17 reducing back is here!

After two years waiting, my camera is finally here and I spend hours looking at upside down world around me through different lenses. This is my ultimate camera and how big the ground glass is and incredible all the details on it and it simply takes my breath away every time I look at it!

The widest lens I can use is 265mm f/18 lens which does not cover 16x20 at infinity, but good enough for 14x17 back. The longest lens I can use is a 75cm Apo-Skopar.

Here are a few pictures.

Re: My 16x20 in walnut with reversible back and 14x17 reducing back is here!

A few pictures.

Cordless Bungee Jumper Sirius Glass's Avatar

It would have been better in Cherry and Teak. Re-order the camera to made in Cherry and Teak and send this one to me for proper disposal!

Steve
    Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

hugo,

how many trees went into making that beautiful camera ?

-Dan

Etobicoke (west Toronto), west of the mighty Humber...

Looks like it was totally worth the long wait! Congratulations Hugo....
    When I was 16 I thought my father the stupidest man in the world; when I reached 21, I was astounded by how much he had learned in just 5 years!

-appropriated from Mark Twain

I would say rather to think about how many trees this camera can take is more my comment. That people can appreciate more the beauty of landscape, natural object and body because the wooden camera carried by Ansel or Weston should not be underestimated. That might be help.

But mind to share any experience of using it. I guess pictures would be nice but being on the Net does not help this very much. But not many of us has actually seen one and even how it being carried and operated (from loading to film development to printing) down to how to hanlde all those issues on darkroom, "enlarger"/contact print (UV?) etc.

Hope you can share the experience.

Congrats, Hugo!

Welcome to the 1620 Club !

Bill

Etobicoke (west Toronto), west of the mighty Humber...

Quote Originally Posted by BILL3075 View Post
    Welcome to the 1620 Club !

Bill
    Where and when does this club meet? How many members?
    When I was 16 I thought my father the stupidest man in the world; when I reached 21, I was astounded by how much he had learned in just 5 years!

-appropriated from Mark Twain

Congrats Hugo. Beautiful camera.

Dexter

good lord this would eat my 8x10 for breakfast and still be hungry. beauty thoguh
    notch codes ? I only use one film...