Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Way Beyond Monochrome

Re: Way Beyond Monochrome

For those that have a Nook Color reader, a Nook version is available for $69.95- I wish it was less expensive! I downloaded the sample, which includes the first 119 pages of the Nook version- the photos and color graphics look great on the Nook. The Nook Color is a full color tablet along the lines of the Ipad. It would be worth having a portable version of the book if it was a bit cheaper!

falth j

I purchased the hard copy text version, delivered for under $54.99...

I didn't have to download a thing, and I don't have to worry about accidently erasing anything.

It's fully portable, in color, works inside, outside, and doesn't take batteries.

Plus, I can re-sell it after I've finished with it, if not, I can work out with it...

Perhaps, the new digitized electronic versions, will come with a transcriber in a palatable synthesized voice, so I can have it read itself to me while I .... drive the car, or at nite in bed waiting to doze off, etc....

Quote Originally Posted by David E. Rose View Post
    For those that have a Nook Color reader, a Nook version is available for $69.95- I wish it was less expensive! I downloaded the sample, which includes the first 119 pages of the Nook version- the photos and color graphics look great on the Nook. The Nook Color is a full color tablet along the lines of the Ipad. It would be worth having a portable version of the book if it was a bit cheaper!
    I agree about the price. It should be substantially less expensive.

Thanks,

Don

Quote Originally Posted by falth j View Post

Plus, I can re-sell it after I've finished with it, if not, I can work out with it...
    Yuk, yuk.

falth j

Consider this if you will...

I would most heartily buy any book, if it included a digitized version along with the book purchase.

For those of you familiar with Dragon Naturally Speaking, (DNS) (which is available in a special version for the i-pad), you know that as you dictate, your speech is transcribed to text...

and, if you want to reverse the process, it will play-back what you dictated.

It would be nice if when a book were digitized, a spoken version could be included as well.

When you display the text, a spoken version could also be turned on so you could hear as well as see the text if you chose to do so..

or, let the spoken version play, just as you would any other recording.

As with a cd, or dvd, you could seek, replay, or search for any digitized word, word phrase, topic, chapter, or page...

(I have used almost every iteration of DNS since its inception and found the i-pad version almost unbelievable in its out-of-the-box voice recognition capability in comparison to former older DNS versions, ymmv)

Two thumbs up for Way Beyond Monochrome. I got the hard copy version several weeks ago. Definitely a solid book with loads of information.
    Jason

My photos

I was surprised that somebody actually made such a good book for such a small crowd as us. It is definitely worth every cent I paid for it.
    Sergio

My website

Quote Originally Posted by sergiob View Post
    I was surprised that somebody actually made such a good book for such a small crowd as us. It is definitely worth every cent I paid for it.
    Well, the crowd cannot be all that small. WBM Ed2 is almost sold out again. We printed enough for what we thought would last us at least 18 months. But 5 months later... almost gone. A new print run is scheduled for April!

That's great news, Ralph! Congratulations!
    “You often feel tired, not because you've done too much, but because you've done too little of what sparks a light in you.”
    ― Alexander Den Heijer, Nothing You Don't Already Know

Ralph,

Congratulations and thanks. Well deserved for good work.