Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 8x10 Instant Integral film

Re: 8x10 Instant Integral film

"Integral" means the film is completely self-contained, like Polaroid 600 film. Other instant film is "peel-apart," meaning the positive print is pulled apart from the negative.
    Last edited by Ben Syverson; 27-Sep-2010 at 13:45. Reason: Jinx! Mark got there before I did. :)

It is also worth noting that integral films shot on 20x24 or existing 8x10 cameras will yield backwards images. The old small format Polaroid cameras for integral films all incorporated a mirror...
    But hey, a lot of this wet plate work people are doing now, (tintypes / "alumitypes") is backwards as well.
    Tracy Storer
    Mammoth Camera Company tm
    www.mammothcamera.com

I used to have a B&J 5x7 with a 4x5 back and shot 4x5 exclusivly with it. It worked great. With the extension rail mounted, it would do super macro. It was long enough and strong enough or mount the longest (heaviest) focal length I could find.

I now use a petite Wista Mfg Zone VI with only 12" max extension. It is half the weight and bulk of the B&J, (and I am 20 years older). I have never looked on any camera as "The One" camera for me. If I were single, I would still have every camera I have ever owned.

If the price is right for you, get the 5x7 and shoot away . . .till you want a different camera; be it 4x5, 8x10 or ULF.
    Drew Bedo
    www.quietlightphoto.com
    http://www.artsyhome.com/author/drew-bedo

There are only three types of mounting flanges; too big, too small and wrong thread!

anything happen? or just impossible ...

Quote Originally Posted by Tracy Storer View Post
    It is also worth noting that integral films shot on 20x24 or existing 8x10 cameras will yield backwards images. The old small format Polaroid cameras for integral films all incorporated a mirror...
    But hey, a lot of this wet plate work people are doing now, (tintypes / "alumitypes") is backwards as well.
    If you really wanted your 8x10 polaroids to come out right, the solution I'm thinking is to build an 8x10 graflex completely backwards. View and compose from the back, and drop the mirror, and shoot off the reflex mirror.

I haven't heard anything about the 8x10s from Impossible but I'm eager to see if they get it going. 8x10 Instant would just be *the business*!

In the meantime, New55 has a promising 4x5 black and white P/N film in development:

http://new55project.blogspot.com/
    Please, call me Erik.
    Find me on: Flickr Pentaxforums RangeFinderForum
    Omega View 45F Monorail, Super Graphic, Various Lenses (75, 90, 135, 150/265, 210)