Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Let Kodak Know What You Think

Remember to take out the trash

Re: Let Kodak Know What You Think

Quote Originally Posted by Oren Grad View Post
    Don't send Kodak messages full of hot air about famous artists. If you want 8x10 color, tell them what Kodak 8x10 color product you buy, how you use it, why it's important to you and your work, and what its loss will mean to you.

Or whatever product you care about. Be specific about its impact on you.
    I highlighted the only thing that matters when it comes to choosing which product lines to keep and kill. Everything else is irrelevant to them.

There is some value from big names promoting the Kodak brand, sure, but showing Kodak there's a real, sustainable demand for 8x10 is the only way to convince them to produce the sheets. Given they killed it already is a hint that they have already seen that there is no such demand, though, so custom bulk orders might be the only option if available.

Cooke, Heliar, Petzval...yeah

I made a futile plea for Technical Pan in 4x5. If price per sheet on Ebay seems to hover around $3, they should know about it.
    Peter Hruby
    www.peterhruby.ca

Remember to take out the trash

Quote Originally Posted by SAShruby View Post
    I made a futile plea for Technical Pan in 4x5. If price per sheet on Ebay seems to hover around $3, they should know about it.
    Just because it sells for $3 on eBay doesn't mean it would sell at that price at financially sustainable quantities.

I asked for TMY in 5x7, 50-sheet boxes.

I also mentioned that their b&w LF film prices compare unfavorably to other vendors.

Cooke, Heliar, Petzval...yeah

Quote Originally Posted by feppe View Post
    Just because it sells for $3 on eBay doesn't mean it would sell at that price at financially sustainable quantities.
    It will.
    Peter Hruby
    www.peterhruby.ca

So it isn't impossible, we just need to band together to buy the stuff. And forums such as this one in particular would be the best way to organize a group buy.

Find thirty people who want to throw in $500 and you got your order. That's probably the volume of 8x10 Portra 400NC being shot per year on this forum right now.

Hi, Frank,

Unfortunately, the demand for 5x7 in color negative, as well as 8x10 in 400 specifically, have not been enough for us to offer these sizes on an ongoing basis. However, you might check with your dealer(s) of Kodak Professional products, like B&H Photo (800-947-9980) and Badger Graphics (ph. 920-766-9332), for them to work with their Kodak Professional Account Representative to see if they can put a special order together. The minimum order is generally about $15,000 worth of a particular product.

Please let us know if you have future questions on this or other of our Kodak Professional products.

Sincerely,

Peter V.
    Kodak Professional
    Technical Support

Frank, Canham already has a listing for group buys of Kodak film on his website. Jeff at Badger will duplicate the price.

FYI, a couple of weeks ago I had a difficult time finding enough buyers to fulfill Freestyle's mininum order for 250 sheets of cheap Efke 25 11x14 film but succeeded in the end.

Well yes... I am optimistic. But then all these fine cameras selling for peanuts languish in the For Sale section quite a while, it makes you wonder how many people who claim to shoot and are really just mucking around?

Frank, Freestyle/Efke require approx a $1,500 order for a special run - Kodak needs $15,000.

Kodak can go to Hades!

Find thirty people who want to throw in $500 and you got your order. That's probably the volume of 8x10 Portra 400NC being shot per year on this forum right now.
    There's still 8x10 400NC at the dealers so a group purchase would in my opinion be better if for the new emulsion.
    I am in if we can get Badger to set it up.