Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bad experience with Chrome in San Diego

Re: Bad experience with Chrome in San Diego

I once sent the film, still in the film holders, when I was just starting out (didn't know any better). The lab let me know what is expected, and I wasn't the first to do this. Now I save all the old boxes. There were labs that trusted me, especially when I brought in submini film that I had re-spooled myself.

Wayne

I wish they'd mentioned it.

Rakesh, I use Praus in Rochester NY. I think Frank does also. First rate operation.

But I always send a PO attached to the triple film box explaining what I want done :

Purchase Order No.
    Film type
    Normal processing, (or not)
    Quantity
    Credit Card No.

But I think if there was any doubt about what Chrome received they should have called you or sent an email.

Nate Potter, Austin TX.

They screwed up and made it right, but you were driving backwards down the road. If you are going to do that you have to expect screw ups at some point.

I used Chrome for a decade when I was in San Diego and never had a problem. I never heard of anyone else having a problem either, and I know a lot of people that used them, so take it all with a grain of salt.

older than most

Try CITZENS PHOTO in portland, oregon...i have received excellent service and no tax! doug

I've used Chrome in San Diego for years.

Only top notch results from them, and very timely and reasonable too.

I've used Chrome in SD also - great results and friendly service. I send them sheet films in boxes and they will return the box upon request.

I've had a couple of mediocre experiences with Chrome, and one plain bad one. Essentially, I had them print an 8x10, using a 4x6 they made themselves as a reference. After I got it home, the whites slowly turned orange-pink. When I brought the print in, they blamed my negative (which does have a color cast: blue!), and I had to almost argue with them to get them to reprint the image properly.

It wasn't that they made a mistake so much as the attitude of the people there. And no, they did not offer to do a free print or development or a discount or anything for the trouble they caused me (I guess because the darkening-pink highlights were magically caused by my negative)...

As for this problem, it does sound reasonable that they didn't understand how you packaged your film, and you were at least lucky enough that they gave you some film to try to keep your business.

I literally drive across San Diego county, to north county, to avoid dealing with Chrome. It's a bit of a hassle, but North Coast Photo does a fine job, and the one time they made a mistake with one of my prints (they used an old file, as opposed to the version I freshly uploaded and noted to use), they were quick and courteous solving the problem.

I hope Panda comes through - they've been promising for years.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric James View Post
    I hope Panda comes through - they've been promising for years.
    I asked them a couple of weeks ago, they said they were targeting the beginning of the new year.

And my 2nd experience with Chrome was a lot better, the flaw in the developed film in the 2nd set of three that I sent looks like it was from the film not being flat in the film holder. I probably had it either slightly crooked or one edge probably wasn't entirely under the rail :-/