Page 15 of 27 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Thread: wet darkroom vs. inkjet

Peter

Re: wet darkroom vs. inkjet

Quote Originally Posted by ret wisner View Post
    why cant you just let me have my opinion??
    You're welcome to your opinion. But you're insisting that we abandon our opinions and nearly unanimous consensus when you say...

...but you must understand that you cant be a inkjetter and a photographer , this is just a misuse of a inappropriate/misleading term for you non photographic prints

they fail to be a photographic prints if they are squirted out of a inkjet machine

please resist the need to disguise your prints by using photographic terms which are not applicable
    Peter

It's not about your opinion, it's about your definition. When you try to promote an uncommon definition (in this case the definition of "photography" or "photographic"), some people that use the more common definition will argue against it.

You're entitled to your definitions, but when you preach them in a public place some people will disagree publicly.

No big deal. It's just words.

...Mike

all technology seems to provoke a new kind of rage
    It is not technology, but you who are provoking rage.

We all, including you, are entitled to our opinions. However, when you suggest something is "not photography" you are basically implying that these people are not 'real' photographers. It's offensive. Some insinuate that "you can't make a good print" with an inkjet, or outside of a darkroom, that implies that people, maybe even good printers, aren't what they imagine. It flies in the face of historic imagery, which is where we all come from, our visual ancestry.

Frankly, the way you have stated your opinion is nasty.

People have treated you with respect and patience, and I, for one, don't think you deserve it.

Lenny

your still doing it, my opinion stands.

cant you be big enough to to just let it be my opinion??

Abuser of God's Sunlight

You've been expressing an opinion on something that's not a matter of simple opinion (word definitions, useage). And you're stating opinion as fact ("only a inkjetter can get this simple concept all mixed up ...").
    And you're expressing these ideas without backing them up with anything but repetition.

The short of is that contributions like this are worthless and annoying. If you actually had a provocative idea about the taxonomy of phographic processes, we'd all love to hear it. But unsupported (and unsupportable) assertions just waste everyone's time and make the world noiser.

it may be right it may be wrong, some may agree and others wont.
    If it can be right or wrong, it's not an opinion. It's got factual content. If yo posit something factual, you should be able to defend it. Otherwise ... yer just makin' noise.

Saying something like "I don't like the smell of inkjet prints" or "I don't like working with digital processes" counts as opinion. It's not very illuminating if you just leave it at that, so people probably won't care ... but there's nothing there to argue with. It's opinion ... like your favorite ice cream flavor, your favorite animal ...

its my opinion, whats not to get.

why argue against it, that makes no sense. none at all

like i said i did not quote anybody, i just made my own mind up

its a important idea that a lot of people think that inkjetting is kinda non photographic, and this thread starter needs to know this. it may be that this reality is important to him also.

why do it the easy way when there is more respect to be earnt by doing something right

Abuser of God's Sunlight

its my opinion, whats not to get.
    Then it's the opinion of someone who doesn't know what an opinion is, how to articulate one, or how to understand logical arguments.

Not sure why you think the OP or anyone else would care about such a thing.

im not argueing , you are....

integrity....lost art

why pickup the garbage if you can just use the clone tool

You know, Ret is obviously having a bit of fun here putting his view out for a reaction but the obvious sensitivity exhibited by many posts here might be worth exploring head on.

Are photographers who print with inkjets a little insecure (still) over the process?

--Darin

lets all just put our cameras down and start exploring the real problems presented to us in this reality of ours.

because my opinon is that this world is going to be screwed long before kodak shut there doors