Thread: to concentrated rinse aid, got spots, and now?

to concentrated rinse aid, got spots, and now?

i did a final rise in agfa agepon. i put a "bit" into the tray. (suggested dilution 1:200 i used 1:50? )
    after drying and enlarging the negative, tiny white spots could be seen on the print. i tried to rinse the negative again in the hope that everything would be o.k. but this stuff chewy. i tried even dry cleaning naphtha...almost no effect. the spots are raised, black and chewy. any ideas how to get rid of it?
    i am sure that that the spots are coming from the concentrated rise aid, because after i damaged 20 negatives i start to gauge again and everything is good. i devoloped ilford, foma and an outdated agfa. all were affected. i have to add that my tap water is very hard.
    any help is much appreciated.
    boris

Re: to concentrated rinse aid, got spots, and now?

When our students do that, I tell them to rephotograph and not to do it again.

My guess that what is on the negative is water-soluable, if at all.

Good luck!

Vaughn

Re: to concentrated rinse aid, got spots, and now?

Quote Originally Posted by Vaughn View Post
    When our students do that, I tell them to rephotograph and not to do it again.

My guess that what is on the negative is water-soluable, if at all.

Good luck!

Vaughn
    good advice, but the pictures were taken 3000 miles from home so no way to rephotograph....
    strange that this mishapis so seldom. i never read about it before and thats why i acted do careless.