Page 259 of 329 FirstFirst ... 159209249257258259260261269309 ... LastLast
Results 2,581 to 2,590 of 3285

Thread: Some Soft Focus Lens Sales Information

Re: Some Soft Focus Lens Sales Information

OK, will do. Rick and all mods, we all should omit eBay references anywhere? Even sold?

I was just following forum historical form that seemed to indicate this thread wanted only verifiable sales to eliminate shilling.

Now we can just make anything up?

Most of my SF lens buys are not verifiable or public and I have omitted them as not representative.

Two SF's I bought on this forum, and also did not report them...
    Tin Can

I like following up some of the finished auction #'s. It's window shopping, or learning if you will. Sort of like being a viewer of American Pickers, except I like lenses not harleys and automobilia signage. We just need a stylish tattooed retro chick telling us about which closed auctions to visit next.

I do appreciate the resource / log this contributes to, but short term, I enjoy seeing some of the auctions. Though condition is hard to judge on the Internet, some sale prices are greatly affected by ebay phenomena such as bad pictures, bad ending time, bad starting bid, poor feedback, etc... and it all figures in.

Quote Originally Posted by jp View Post
    I like following up some of the finished auction #'s. It's window shopping, or learning if you will. Sort of like being a viewer of American Pickers, except I like lenses not harleys and automobilia signage. We just need a stylish tattooed retro chick telling us about which closed auctions to visit next.

I do appreciate the resource / log this contributes to, but short term, I enjoy seeing some of the auctions. Though condition is hard to judge on the Internet, some sale prices are greatly affected by ebay phenomena such as bad pictures, bad ending time, bad starting bid, poor feedback, etc... and it all figures in.
    I also use the auction number quite often. If the price surprises me, I want to go have a look to see if there were condition issues etc.

I think we may be throwing the baby out with the bath water here. Perhaps the best way forward might be to let the folks here only report offenders and not just throw out anything with a number.

(Shrek)

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Galli View Post
    I also use the auction number quite often. If the price surprises me, I want to go have a look to see if there were condition issues etc.

I think we may be throwing the baby out with the bath water here. Perhaps the best way forward might be to let the folks here only report offenders and not just throw out anything with a number.
    I also go look at the auction when I see a high or low price on something I'm interested in. For example, a recent low-ball sale reported here was missing the front group or element, but that wasn't mentioned in the post that reported the sale.

Perhaps we cut and paste the description without eBay info, or is that IP theft?

May come under 'Fair Use' for educational purposes, after all this is primarily an online school...
    Tin Can

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Galli View Post

Agreed. I like to check on the pics and condition of completed auctions. I think the Mods should reconsider. A photography forum might realize that pics are important.

One more in favor of keeping the ##'s in ... We've been doing this now for over two years now and most regulars here know this is a thread about sold lenses ... the numbers are important as it allows easy verification and I for one have been corrected a few times when it comes to fears or characteristics I missed. Not sure why this has all of a sudden become an issue, as far as I can tell, this came about through a lot of confusion and a stack up ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by Steven Tribe View Post
    I was as surprised as anyone when the when "seven" reference to a completed auction was deleted.
    That was my mistake, but the ebay reference number made it an easy mistake to make--that post looked just like the one you complained about, and popped up on the same screen when I followed the link provided as a result of your report. I did not mean to imply that you had complained about Seven's post.

Rick "this is why I don't post much any more" Denney

Quote Originally Posted by Randy Moe View Post
    OK, will do. Rick and all mods, we all should omit eBay references anywhere? Even sold?

I was just following forum historical form that seemed to indicate this thread wanted only verifiable sales to eliminate shilling.

Now we can just make anything up?

Most of my SF lens buys are not verifiable or public and I have omitted them as not representative.

Two SF's I bought on this forum, and also did not report them...
    I'm just trying to make it so that the needed information can be provided without the easy mistake that I made. Avoiding that mistake is time-consuming, and also I can't do it on my work computer, where going to ebay isn't allowed. It's just a request--not a guideline. If everyone keeps including the reference numbers for completed sales, they won't be violating the guidelines as I read them. But it may lead to future mistakes.

If I decide to research prices for certain soft-focus lenses over the last couple of years, I might search this thread. But only those posts made in the last couple of months will be resolvable in the ebay database.

But, whatever. I see your point as well.

Rick "carry on" Denney

Quote Originally Posted by brandon13 View Post
    Agreed. I like to check on the pics and condition of completed auctions. I think the Mods should reconsider. A photography forum might realize that pics are important.
    This was not a decision by "the Mods", who were not consulted. This was a suggestion by one mod, respectfully submitted. Do what you will, but if I make future mistakes of this type, go easy.

Rick "the other mods are blameless" Denney