Page 115 of 329 FirstFirst ... 1565105113114115116117125165215 ... LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,150 of 3285

Thread: Some Soft Focus Lens Sales Information

Re: Some Soft Focus Lens Sales Information

The Berthiot is not a 1+1 but what looks like a 3+2. Take a look at the Berthiot catalog page included with the listing. Ebay item#120890840568. Certainly a lot of glass to un-correct things. The P&P makes sense for chromatic aberrations with its 1+1 configuration but the Berthiot doesn't with 3+2 unless they were trying to to have it corrected partially like the Pinkham & Smith Semi-Achromat. Geoff
    Quote Originally Posted by Steven Tribe View Post
    Both the Berthiot and the Duplouich are, I think, continuations of the de P & P design with two opposing meniscii.
    Darlot's successors seem to have given up production, leaving the market wide open - especialy for the smaller sizes.
    Confirmation that they are double meniscii would be helpful?

Dallmeyer 4B $ 4400.00 plus $ 150 shipping from Portugal sold this weekend on ebay.http://www.ebay.com/itm/ws/eBayISAPI...#ht_500wt_1182
    . Wow, blows away the 2200 euros ($3800) of a few weeks ago for a 4A at live auctioneers.

Quote Originally Posted by fluidrive View Post
    Dallmeyer 4B $ 4400.00 plus $ 150 shipping from Portugal sold this weekend on ebay.http://www.ebay.com/itm/ws/eBayISAPI...#ht_500wt_1182
    . Wow, blows away the 2200 euros ($3800) of a few weeks ago for a 4A at live auctioneers.
    f3 lens trumps the f4 lens by quite a bit. The 4B at $4400 is a better value than the 4A at $3800 IMHO. Lets see what others think.

They were sold at the same price, 43 pound, in 1931. 13" f/3 for 4B and 18" f/4 for 4A. I don't have a Dallmeyer B lens to compare with my Dallmeyer 2A lens, which I love a lot.

I tried on this one and it blew right past my bid which did not even register its existence.

In fact, 4B is 17in f3.8 NOT f3 so it is quite similar to 4A 18in f4. I think 4A at $3800 has better value.

Stuck inside of Tucson with the Neverland Blues again...

According to the 1920's/30's catalogue (http://cameraeccentric.com/html/info/dallmeyer_1.html), the 4A was an 18" f/4, and there were two versions of the 4B, a 13.5-inch f/3 and a 17-inch f/3.8. All three had a 129mm rear flange, so were about equal in diameter, and all had the same original price, 43 pounds. It was all trading focal length vs. speed. Both are desireable in the World of Petzvals...
    "I love my Verito lens, but I always have to sharpen everything in Photoshop..."

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Sawyer View Post
    According to the 1920's/30's catalogue (http://cameraeccentric.com/html/info/dallmeyer_1.html), the 4A was an 18" f/4, and there were two versions of the 4B, a 13.5-inch f/3 and a 17-inch f/3.8. All three had a 129mm rear flange, so were about equal in diameter, and all had the same original price, 43 pounds. It was all trading focal length vs. speed. Both are desireable in the World of Petzvals...
    I have been looking for the f3 version of the 4B for many years, and have yet to find one. Anyone actually own one? Anyhow, that one looks like it is missing the focus knob...

I've never, ever seen the f/3 version, either. Being more rare, I think the 4B is a better value - although still very expensive. The fact is that shooting at f/3 makes it really difficult to get an accurate focus. Terrific for composing with the nice, bright image on the GG but trying to keep the focal point (and is just a point!) is a PITA. Head braces are definitely recommended with collodion, (because of the extra time needed to remove the GG, attach the the plate holder, remove dark slide, pull the lens cap, long exposures... you get the idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Jason Greenberg Motamedi View Post
    I have been looking for the f3 version of the 4B for many years, and have yet to find one. Anyone actually own one? Anyhow, that one looks like it is missing the focus knob...
    I think louis has one.....and if it is 13 inch f3 then i even got to play with it! louis was not very happy that i took it all apart......i was having trouble getting it back together....partly caise louis was breathing fire down my back....but MOSTLY cause it was REVERSE threads! DOH!

lets ask louis.

btw maybe i need to raise all the prices of my smaller petzval i just listed here!
    My YouTube Channel has many interesting videos on Soft Focus Lenses and Wood Cameras. Check it out.

My YouTube videos
    oldstyleportraits.com
    photo.net gallery

Quote Originally Posted by Jason Greenberg Motamedi View Post
    Anyhow, that one looks like it is missing the focus knob...

yeah, i bet it was no accident that none of the pictures shows the other side of the lens.......
    My YouTube Channel has many interesting videos on Soft Focus Lenses and Wood Cameras. Check it out.

My YouTube videos
    oldstyleportraits.com
    photo.net gallery