Page 267 of 329 FirstFirst ... 167217257265266267268269277317 ... LastLast
Results 2,661 to 2,670 of 3285

Thread: Some Soft Focus Lens Sales Information

Re: Some Soft Focus Lens Sales Information

A P&S Synthetic, No 2 Series IV #2816 (mislabeled or dyslexic paint job ... should be Series VI) with two other "sharp" lenses for $938 ... (221758897852)

A P&S Visual Quality, a big No 4, Series IV #2348 in barrel (no shutter) with flange for $2,147 ... some separation on front element and few scratches on front and rear (321735454967)

Any opinions on this lens that sold on the auction site: 111656930754

The seller said it is an 18" fl with a maximum aperture of f4. It doesn't look long enough to be a Verito though. Just curious. I didn't bid on it.

18" Verito is much longer than this one. I also don't believe that the f16 could cover 16x20.
    It's more like ILEX Portrait or Photoplastic Portrait lens in the studio shutter.
    Sometimes love just ain't enough.
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/pierre506/sets/

Looks like a Varium to me ... not sure if the FL and aperture makes sense from a catalog perspective ...

Quote Originally Posted by Pete Roody View Post
    Any opinions on this lens that sold on the auction site: 111656930754

The seller said it is an 18" fl with a maximum aperture of f4. It doesn't look long enough to be a Verito though. Just curious. I didn't bid on it.

I won the bid Hoping it's a Sigmar/Varium relative I'll report on the actual FL, aperture, and optical design once I receive it.

Here is what my Varium looks like. They're very nice F3.5 lenses. Note the name is engraved around the glass rim. The sold one is not.

Of course But the lens in question has no name engraved on it, period, so by that logic the lens is equal to no other lens on the planet, as pretty much all lenses have some engraving somewhere. I think it's more likely that the unmarked lens *is* equivalent to an extant lens, but sans engraving for one reason or another, than it being a one-of-a-kind item.

Personally, I think the external dimensions look most similar to a Sigmar. Indeed, that's why I was pretty determined to grab the lens, as I've been wanting a Sigmar for a few years now.

That does resemble my 19" sigmar https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pAjyYixKXm8 . No writing on the front ring. Gently engraved on the barrel which could be painted over or just not shown in the auction photo. Curious what you find out when you get it. If it is, then you have shopped well.

Ah, Jason, howdy! I've watched that video of yours many times in the past I was very close to start working on a modified Speed Graphic shutter for barrel lenses (even have a beater SG lying here on the floor), until I came across a Graflex 8x10 focal plane shutter.

The seller does mention that the lens belonged to a Bausch & Lomb employee. Another hint at a possible Sigmar. I'm not getting my hopes up too high though!

Quote Originally Posted by jp View Post
    That does resemble my 19" sigmar https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pAjyYixKXm8 . No writing on the front ring. Gently engraved on the barrel which could be painted over or just not shown in the auction photo. Curious what you find out when you get it. If it is, then you have shopped well.

Yeah, that ring that holds the front glass looks a lot like a Sigmar. I bet you got what you wanted!