Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Changing tent suggestions

http://www.spiritsofsilver.com tgtaylor's Avatar

Re: Changing tent suggestions

To follow-up on the Harrison Pup tent that I purchased Saturday, I used it for the first time yesterday. I didn't load any holders but had one roll of 120 color negative film that I decided to develop as I wasn't going to shoot any more that weekend and used the Pup tent instead of my regular 8x10 version. It took approximately 1/2 the space on the coffee table as compared with the whole table for the 8x10 which makes it an ideal solution for on the road travel. You can pull into a Starbucks, McDonalds, Truck Stop - whatever, and its small footprint will allow you reload holders easily and comfortably. You won't be able to load the multi reel Jobo 2500 series tanks with it, but you can load the small 1500 series tanks which is what I used yesterday. The negatives came out great - which meant that the tent was light tight as I expected since it looked practically new. The material on the tent's bottom, although the same as on the 8x10, although rugged, isn't as heavy duty as the latter which, along with the reduced size, accounts for its lightweight. So you should be careful where you place it. It's a very good tent and I highly recommend it for field use - especially road and backpacking trips.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnN View Post
    After using different changing bags for years, I sprung for the following:
    http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produc...es_SB3040.html
    That's their Shadow Box. Outer is canvas, very sturdy. The inner zipper's one of those thin nylon kind, but it works well. Much better than my Calumet, which 1) began to leak light and 2) the paint used to label it started sticking to everything.

My only complaint is that it really constricts around my arms - the elastic is very strong and after about 10 minutes my fingers are tingling from the reduced blood flow.

I use the regular size Harrison tent for 4x5, 8x10 and small loads of 35mm motion picture. It wasn't a bargain, but it's easily worth it for the peace of mind and ease of use.