Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Friends in greater Boston

Re: Friends in greater Boston

I'm right down the road from Littleton and Acton in Concord

Small world! Coffee sometime? What formats do you shoot?

Was it you who mentioned using the MIT student darkroom (with 8x10 enlarger)? Using an Epson scanner for now but hope to do some darkroom work soon.

Mostly 8x10, but also some 5x7. Waiting for an 11x14 Century to come back from Richard Ritter (who's done some updates, including building a new rear extension). I keep telling myself to load up my 4x5 holders but so far it's just been much easier to process 8x10, and to a lesser degree 5x7, in Unicolor drums on a motorized base, so.... Also some 6x7, which I'd like to do more of.

What about you?

No, that was not me.

I'm shooting 8x10 for wet plate... But primarily 4x5 for film. I have lenses to shoot 8x10 but right now not enough $$$ for a proper 8x10 rig now. Looking for the right deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Carl J View Post
    Was it you who mentioned using the MIT student darkroom (with 8x10 enlarger)? Using an Epson scanner for now but hope to do some darkroom work soon.

Mostly 8x10, but also some 5x7. Waiting for an 11x14 Century to come back from Richard Ritter (who's done some updates, including building a new rear extension). I keep telling myself to load up my 4x5 holders but so far it's just been much easier to process 8x10, and to a lesser degree 5x7, in Unicolor drums on a motorized base, so.... Also some 6x7, which I'd like to do more of.

What about you?
    Those MIT guys have it made... They also work harder than any other students but damn they've got all the stuff they could want on any field it's insane. All of my MIT friends have graduated... So no access to anything there, but I just want a damn MIT email and server space, they have the largest ownership of the web, bigger than the US governments share! Lol

I am the one who posted about using one of MIT's darkrooms (the Student Art Assn. darkroom). MIT will let pretty much anyone take a course that comes with darkroom use; after you've taken a course you can take 'independent study' which allows you 24/7 (excepting class times) use of the darkroom w/o taking a course. Check out http://arts.mit.edu/saa/photography/ for a list of courses. One of the instructors (Therry Mislick) shoots 8x10 exclusively.

The darkroom does have a lot of stuff, but not everything - for instance they don't have a registered mask holder for 4x5, and there's no facility in the darkroom to scan 4x5 negs. But - if you want to print 20x24 paper with F130 (or mix your own chemicals from scratch), you can do that.

It is quite nice.

I've thought about starting an analog LF group in Cambridge area. PM if you are a darkroom and LF user.

Tried PM'ng you... Your inbox is full.

Quote Originally Posted by dodphotography View Post
    Tried PM'ng you... Your inbox is full.
    whoops sorry. I made some room.

Driving up to boston tomorrow... Anyone free after 2???