Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Friends in greater Boston

Re: Friends in greater Boston

Marblehead has lots of opportunities.

From the old town and little side streets, Boat yard in Littles harbor, Lobster pots, Sail lofts, the harbor itself which during the summer is wall to wall sailboats, Reds pond and the old burial cemetery that overlooks the harbor. Fort Sewell, Crocker park that give you some of the best views of the harbor and on clear days views of downtown Boston. Across from the old town on the opposite side of the harbor is Marblehead neck, the Sanctuary, Eastern and Corinthian Yatch clubs are some of the oldest in the country, Chandler park and the Marblehead lighthouse. Lots of cliffs and interesting tidal pools.

I grew up on Marblehead Neck in the 60' leaving in early 70's, I returned with my wife about 5 years ago staying at a B&B on Front street by FT Sewell. Probably one of the most relaxing vacations that we ever spent.

Plenty of photo opportunities abound.

Nice work, as always,Ken.

I just dropped off a couple of E6 exposures to Dorian's for processing. One of Nahant and one of Rockport. Just testing this new to me Wisner 4X5. I'll stay posted guys. You guys are right about Marblehead as well. I've taken a few shots from the park with the funky lighthouse. There's a good view from there back to Marblehead or to the Yacht club close by. Might be better there in the warmer weather as the boats fill up the bay at that time. All the best, John

Sorry, I found those photos on the web. :-)

Here's one from Marblehead, just as the sun was setting over that little harbor near the old fort.

Marblehead MA, 2003
    Arca Swiss Discovery, 240mm Fujnon A
    4x5 TMY, D-76
    Last edited by Ken Lee; 11-Mar-2013 at 17:05.

According to this table, daylight in the Boston area at this time of year is from around 6:30 AM to 7:30 PM in Boston area.

Because it's still late winter, the light is angular after around 2 PM, so if I were to go somewhere for photos I would arrive around that time, shoot for a while, get some refreshment, and then make the trip home.

If we just picked a Saturday or Sunday (like this weekend or next) and the weather on that day is favorable, would anybody like to attend ?

No commitment is necessary, but weather permitting I'd commit to that date so there would be at least one person in Marblehead or Minuteman National Park, depending on where people want to go.

It should be pointed out that this sort of informal gathering is a great way to exchange creative ideas, see other people's equipment and how/what/when they shoot.

Another outdoor place might be Wachusett dam in Clinton - I've not been there in a few years, but it has lots of visually interesting stuff. I recall it also has a lot of steps...

I'm game if we pick a Sunday since I tend to work on Saturdays. Can't do this weekend though, so perhaps the 24th, 31st or 7th?

Weather can be an issue this time of year of course but I'm game too. Weekends are good for me as well.

I am in MA a couple of weeks a month, usually in the Acton/Concord area, and would certainly join for a shoot or a shot.

Hey all, trying to revive this thread a little bit. Anybody in MA want to plan a meet up in the next month or so? I'd love to look at some prints and have a pint or two.

Quote Originally Posted by Noah B View Post
    Hey all, trying to revive this thread a little bit. Anybody in MA want to plan a meet up in the next month or so? I'd love to look at some prints and have a pint or two.
    What no shooting?