Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Labs in NJ / NYC Area?

ARS KC2UU

Re: Labs in NJ / NYC Area?

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Salomon - HP Marketing View Post
    1275 Bloomfield Ave. Fairfield

Bergen County Camera has 2 locations; Westwood and Englewood. The Englewood location is closer to you.
    I bought my Fuji G617 so many years ago at Bergen County Camera. They were the only ones stocking it at the time. Which was well before the newer GX617 came out.

But I haven't been back there much since. A bit far for me to travel and now things so much easier ordering via the web. Bob G.
    All natural images are analog. But the retina converts them to digital on their way to the brain.

North Jersey is my old hood. I was just up there a few days ago and sorry to see Pro-Set in West Paterson is gone. How about Pro-Lab in Clifton, they were still in the phone book. I used them for wedding work. A very Good lab.

Quote Originally Posted by rguinter View Post
    I bought my Fuji G617 so many years ago at Bergen County Camera. They were the only ones stocking it at the time. Which was well before the newer GX617 came out.

But I haven't been back there much since. A bit far for me to travel and now things so much easier ordering via the web. Bob G.
    I spent yesterday morning there.

Just waiting to be developed..

Quote Originally Posted by rguinter View Post
    Ian.: forgot to mention in my PM. Thanks also for the above info.
    Most of my photo work over the years has been what I would call "alternative" in style. i.e., alternative films and alternative subject matter. Not your average snapshot type of stuff. I'll look into taking the class. If offered on weekends would be do-able.
    Maybe I could even get one of my two children interested enough to join me... probably dreaming on that...
    Cheers. Bob G.
    Hi Bob,
    If you do have a chance to take a workshop, you wont be disappointed. Everyone there is fantastic.
    Most of their courses are on weekends and they do offer private classes.

Good luck with getting the kids to go, just tell them its worth it! If my parents took me when i was a kid (not that it was available), i would have been the happiest kid on the block.
    And they get a weekend in the city, lots of fun stuff to do.

A few more thoughts mottling, sudden humidity changes can cause condensation but its looks a bit different.
    The problem is that the standard C41 dev time is 3:15 and its hard to get good agitation in the process.
    The racks and nitrogen bursts also have a lot to do with it. You would have to modify the process and thats what LTI did in their Special Process.
    Its great for sky’s and large areas of solids but portraits are sort of a wash. They don’t benefit as much as landscapes.
    -Ian Mazursky
    www.ianmazursky.com Travel, Landscape, Portraits and my 12x20 diary
    PrePress Express

ill reiterate LTI, probably the best service in the city.

i use coloredge a lot, very very inexpensive and good reliable service.
    Ektachrome 64 x wishes and Tech Pan Dreams

ARS KC2UU

Ian et.al: I'll keep your thoughts in mind regarding my Ektar 100, C-41 work. Over the years my C-41 work has only been a few percent of my total. When PKR-120 was available my work was about 30% Kodachrome and 60% E6 films. And all of my LF at that time was E6.

I only started using C-41 recently. Some with 120 because I can still get it processed locally. And with 4x5-inch because I wanted to support Kodak's re-introduction of Ektar. So I'm kind of a newcomer when it comes to the C-41. Bob G.
    All natural images are analog. But the retina converts them to digital on their way to the brain.