Hi everyone,
Although I'm not new to LF photography I am trying to get back into it as a hobby after some thirty years of being out of the profession. I started in B&W many many years ago (I'm now 73) and changed over to color when it became popular. Most of my B&W work was done in the 5x7 and 4x5 formats but color was in 120 roll film.
For portraits I used a 5x7 studio portrait camera with a 120 back. Weddings were done using Mamiya twin lens reflex cameras, fashion and catalogue work I did mainly using a Mamiya RB67 and Architectural work I used B&J 5x7.
I still have all my cameras namely a NOBA 5x7 with 120 adapter backs,a B&J 5x7 with a 4x5 back, a Graphex Super Speed Graphic with 120 adapter backs,a Mamiya RB67 with all the lenses, a a Mamiya C330 Professional twin lens reflex with interchangeable lenses, a Mamiya C3 Professional body as a spare, and a Pentax SP with a second lens which is a 135mm.
I'll have to get rid of some of my cameras to raise sufficient funds to set up a b&w darkroom as I'm an old age pensioner living on my government pension which doesn't allow for luxuries even such as an odd film for my 35. So you'll see me around on the WTB/FS section. My interest now is very much in the landscape direction.
Hope I get to know some of you so that we can gab about the subject as opportunity allows.
Alexander Tkatschow tkareb@gmail.com