Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: WA for 5X7

Re: WA for 5X7

I use a 120mm Angulon and a 125 f8 Fuji SW. The 120 is small but movements are limited.

The Fuji 125 SW was much cheaper than other 120 SA or Nikon.

Scott Davis

I got some kind of lucky then when I bought my 110 WA Dagor. I paid about $1 per mm of focal length. I don't know if they're worth $700+, but they do provide coverage of 5x7 with generous movements. I also have a Rodenstock Grandagon 90mm f6.8 that covers with limited movement. That might be a good option to look into, especially an older one that could be gotten on the cheap.

My plan has been the Super Angulon 90/5.6, Nikkor SW 90/4.5, Grandagon N 90/4.5 which seems to provide a fair extra IC on 5x7 (& 4x5) while beeing bright, I got mine the SA (mint) from KEH at $546.. not very cheap but I have come to trust the guys at KEH...

The summer shooting and the Lofoten trip in August will decide, if this is my WA for 5x7...

Vanannan

Hi
    See attached link to 120mm Angulon on Ebay.co.uk, £75 starting price, less than 2 days left and no bids, I would imagine you would get it for less than £120 which would work out at around $200 US a lightweight lens so shipping not too expensive, if you didn't need the Linhof board you could sell that on which would easily cover the shipping cost plus some.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Schneider-Kreu...item2c55d4e7f3

Best wishes.

I recently got a Berthiot Perigraphe 90 f14. It's a tiny lens with the old dial rim aperture stops. It's supposed to cover 5X7. I haven't try it yet but will use it on my Sinar P with Sinar shutter soon.

Quote Originally Posted by gchu1970 View Post
    I recently got a Berthiot Perigraphe 90 f14. It's a tiny lens with the old dial rim aperture stops. It's supposed to cover 5X7. I haven't try it yet but will use it on my Sinar P with Sinar shutter soon.
    The 90 should cover 5x7 with some movement. I have a 120 Perigraphe that covers 8x10 with a surprising amount of movement. The 120 in the barrel with wheel stops is very small and light - the 90 must be even more so.

For 5x7, my favorite wide-angle is a Nikkor 90/8 that covers with a small amount of movement.

--
    Rick

neophyte

Quote Originally Posted by goamules View Post
    The Wollensak WA and EWA are supposed to be very good too.
    the 108mm (4 1/4" iirc) wollensak I have is very small and light, reasonably sharp but I find it has no significant movements on 5x7; it did cost very little. The nikkor 90/8 is a lens I would like but my budget constraints have left me with one of the ilex wa 90s that will cover 5x7: for my very occasional use of such wide angle lens its fair value to me.
    "In the field of observation chance favours the prepared mind" -- Pasteur

John,

Similar to gchu1970, I just picked up an old brass WA fairly cheap (I have a post about it on apug with some photos of it). Mine has an aperture wheel and seems to be about 5". Haven't shot through it yet but seemed to easily cover 5x7 and fully illuminated the glass on my whole plate with some light roll off (how much I don't know).

My only modern LF lens is a Nikkor-SW 90mm f8, which happens to cover 5x7 but I use it on 4x5.

Dan

Hi John,

I have a Fuji SW 105/8 and it was my first wa lens for 5x7--
    always an excellent performer and I know these are used by
    several others who post here.

Warren Clark
    Ft. Collins, Colo.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Lakin View Post
    Hi
    See attached link to 120mm Angulon on Ebay.co.uk, £75 starting price, less than 2 days left and no bids, I would imagine you would get it for less than £120 which would work out at around $200 US a lightweight lens so shipping not too expensive, if you didn't need the Linhof board you could sell that on which would easily cover the shipping cost plus some.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Schneider-Kreu...item2c55d4e7f3

Best wishes.
    I was the owner of that very lens. In the end I got £75 for it. If I read the data from Schneider correctly the lens would not cover 5x7 wide open but would when you got down to f16 or below. However, there was little room for movement. It was a nice little lens. Sharp at between f16 and f22 but not as contrasty as modern equivalents. Extending development time sorted that out.