Hello all, greetings from the flat, field-heavy East of England.

I've been lurking a bit recently but thought it might be good to appear, ninja-like from the shadows and say hello.

Background wise, I'm a camera tech working at a University, that uses mainly digital SLR's with our students, as part of the job I've got a fair bit of experience with a Sinar studio setup but have recently bought myself a Wista DX 5x4 (here she is!) Field camera and plonked a pair of Schneider lenses on it in order to get outside and enjoy the world upside down and back to front as it's meant to be.

I'm currently studying a Masters degree in Photography and Digital Imaging, if anyone's interested my thrill ride of education is kind of documented here http://digiphotomasters.blogspot.com/ the more people that give me feedback, the better I guess! My current project is very much in its early stages, and I'm eagerly awaiting my test trannies back from the lab this week. I guess the work I'm (going to be) shooting in large format is a weird combination of conceptual art, landscape and historical documentary based around family, memory and the British coastline.

It's nice to see large format alive and well and such a good community of enthusiasts!