Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast

Thread: PhotoToolsPro! It Shipped!

Re: PhotoToolsPro! It Shipped!

Sorry for my ignorance but how do you make money with a free app.?

Quote Originally Posted by David Karp View Post
    I know you don't like ads, but I have a friend who made a small app with another person, and they initially offered it as a free limited app, with a paid app available. They made some money, but it died out. They decided to offer it for free, and have been making money continuously since.

Their market is much larger than the market for a LF app, but who knows. At the pace you are going, it might be worth a try.
    Thanks,
    Kirk

at age 73:
    "The woods are lovely, dark and deep,
    But I have promises to keep,
    And miles to go before I sleep,
    And miles to go before I sleep"

App crashes every time for me too. Emailed developer twice. No response. Left an intensely negative review. No response. Waste of money.

Jon and everyone else.

First of all, let me apologize if I missed getting back to anyone. That's not fair....

This is very frustrating to me. I wish I could move faster. I lost my programmer last year to meth-amphetamines and am still recovering. I nave a new programmer and getting him up to speed has been slow. However, he is there, he has actually fixed most of this stuff already, we just haven't had a moment to wrap it up into a version.

I spoke to him about it again this morning, we just finished two big projects, and we are moving it back up to the top.

Sorry for the delay....

Lenny
    EigerStudios
    Museum Quality Drum Scanning and Printing

Quote Originally Posted by Kirk Gittings View Post
    Sorry for my ignorance but how do you make money with a free app.?
    Probably through the use of advertising that pops up when the app is opened.

The advertisers Would then be paying the freight, same as broadcast television...

If you use this product, make sure you email the files to yourself regularly. There is no other way to archive the data, and it is not saved in a backup near as I can tell. When your iPhone gets old and explodes, the data will be gone, gone, gone.

I'm looking at my old iPhone 3GS, which I was using as an iPod touch, having replaced it with an iPhone 4 for cellular phone and data. I am just getting around to scanning some photos I made two years ago in eastern Washington, and I went to fetch my old iPhone to read the data. It had, quite literally, exploded. Apparently, the batteries don't just stop working, they expand to some multiple of their normal size, which breaks the phone apart. In mine, the circuit board has buckled completely and popped the display right out of the case.

This is, apparently, not uncommon, and Apple's response seems to be, "the battery doesn't last forever; get over it." Uh, yeah.

Rick "Sorry, Lenny, I'm back to manual notes" Denney

That sucks!! Sorry for the @#$%, but I have 2 iPhones and I use one for something other than a phone (no service).
    Thanks for the heads-up!

Quote Originally Posted by rdenney View Post
    If you use this product, make sure you email the files to yourself regularly. There is no other way to archive the data, and it is not saved in a backup near as I can tell. When your iPhone gets old and explodes, the data will be gone, gone, gone.

I'm looking at my old iPhone 3GS, which I was using as an iPod touch, having replaced it with an iPhone 4 for cellular phone and data. I am just getting around to scanning some photos I made two years ago in eastern Washington, and I went to fetch my old iPhone to read the data. It had, quite literally, exploded. Apparently, the batteries don't just stop working, they expand to some multiple of their normal size, which breaks the phone apart. In mine, the circuit board has buckled completely and popped the display right out of the case.

This is, apparently, not uncommon, and Apple's response seems to be, "the battery doesn't last forever; get over it." Uh, yeah.

Rick "Sorry, Lenny, I'm back to manual notes" Denney

So what is the status of Photo Tools Pro? I'm interested in it, but not unless it works on my phone/iOS6.

OK, finally I have an answer.

We submitted an upgrade to Apple 2 days ago. I usually just takes a few days, its always possible they could reject it for some reason, but its on its way, one way or the other.

It's been way to long, a very difficult story. I hired 3 developers since the original one, to no avail. Basically, it needed a photographer.

I am very happy to announce that Chuck Price has agreed to help out. He is a large format photographer, a member here (chuck94022), and happens to be a professional software engineer with Objective-C skills. Chuck offered to help EigerStudios after purchasing the product and discussing its merits, and issues, with me. He is currently building a software company in Beijing, China, but has agreed to pitch in and make this a great tool for large format photographers.

This new version doesn't work on an iPhone 5 yet, but it works on iOS 5 and iOS 6. We figured we would get it out the door to all of you who are having problems with the current version. Work has already started on the iPhone 5 upgrade.

Thanks to everyone for your amazing patience.

Lenny
    EigerStudios

It passed Apple's review and is now available in iTunes.

Hurray!

Thanks,

Lenny
    EigerStudios

Do or do not. There is no try.

Hmmm, not showing yet as an available update for my iPhone 3GS. Should it be?