Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: PhotoToolsPro! It Shipped!

Re: PhotoToolsPro! It Shipped!

Tom,
    That's an interesting question. Apple has such a nice timer. Do you suggest we reproduce some of it inside our app? Or would a different design suit you?
    Lenny

Lenny
    My original thought would be inside the app.
    When you put in all the info for the neg and it gives you
    the recommended time for exposure, it would allow you to run the timer
    Which apple app timer are you referring to
    Thanks
    Tom

I like a count down time

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Schaefer View Post
    Which apple app timer are you referring to
    Thanks
    Tom
    Oddly enough, it's called Clock and it comes with the phone.... There's a World Clock, an Alarm, a Stopwatch and Timer. The last two allow you to go up or down in timing....

A search for clock also revealed a n umber of others...

Give it a look...

Lenny

Lenny
    on my iphone stopwatch only counts up and timer counts down from a minute I'm looking for the 15 second countdown timer
    Thanks
    Tom

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Schaefer View Post
    Lenny
    on my iphone stopwatch only counts up and timer counts down from a minute I'm looking for the 15 second countdown timer
    Thanks
    Tom
    Yea, you're right. A sound at the end would be helpful for a few seconds... I just look at it, but I'm used to looking at my watch... There are a number of "clock" and stopwatch apps that I saw - I'll be one of them would work.... Let us know if you find something - or if you don't.

Lenny

Hi, Lenny, and congratulations on a very cool app!
    This is going to get a lot of use from me.

One thing. No, two:
    1) Would it be terribly difficult for you to include a list of film manufacturers and types to choose from (like for instance the massive dev app)? I find it a bit odd to have to tell a film shooter's app that there is a thing called Kodak that makes something that goes by the name Tri-X...

2) The formats... Film comes in much fewer formats than you have listed, you know. I have cameras that make 6x6 frames and 6x8 frames, but they all use 120 film. In the app I have to either make two films from scratch with only that detail altered or just ignore that I'm using 6x8 film in the Hasselblad.
    So - perhaps the film format should be 120? And then you could make the 6x6, 6x4.5, 6x8, 6x9 and all that a feature of the camera? Or something? Because they all use the same Tri-x...

OK, that were my two things.

The zone system implementation is AWESOME and I thank you so much for doing that!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Hovmod View Post
    Hi, Lenny, and congratulations on a very cool app!
    This is going to get a lot of use from me.
    Hey thanks!

One thing. No, two:
    1) Would it be terribly difficult for you to include a list of film manufacturers and types to choose from (like for instance the massive dev app)? I find it a bit odd to have to tell a film shooter's app that there is a thing called Kodak that makes something that goes by the name Tri-X...
    Naa, it wouldn't be... It's just that there are a lot more than one imagines, including color, then we have to manage the ones that are getting deleted. It's just a task. I figure most folks use one or two films most of the time.

2) The formats... Film comes in much fewer formats than you have listed, you know. I have cameras that make 6x6 frames and 6x8 frames, but they all use 120 film. In the app I have to either make two films from scratch with only that detail altered or just ignore that I'm using 6x8 film in the Hasselblad.
    So - perhaps the film format should be 120? And then you could make the 6x6, 6x4.5, 6x8, 6x9 and all that a feature of the camera? Or something? Because they all use the same Tri-x...
    That's a good idea... We'll take a look at this...

The zone system implementation is AWESOME and I thank you so much for doing that!!!
    You are very welcome! Enjoy it and take some great pics with it....

Lenny

Excellent work.

Have you thought about working with Fred Newman at the View Camera store to convert the BTZS software for Palm to an iPhone/iPod app? That would be great if it were possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Lenny Eiger View Post
    Greetings everyone.

I am so excited I just can't stand it. After more than a year of working on this project, our iPhone app for photographers is now available on iTunes. Warmest regards to all of you,

Lenny
    Lenny, if you have any interest in porting this to Windows Phone 7 let me know. I've been considering writing something very similar (based upon your description - I don't have an iPhone).

Quote Originally Posted by jeroldharter View Post
    Excellent work.

Have you thought about working with Fred Newman at the View Camera store to convert the BTZS software for Palm to an iPhone/iPod app? That would be great if it were possible.
    It's all possible. I hadn't thought of talking to Fred, but am happy to. It is a lot of work to do one of these apps and its a labor of love, as the realities of getting one's money back for all the effort are that, in short, you won't.

At your suggestion I picked up the phone and called them. We've known each other for some time, I did an example scan and print for them a while back...

We had a nice chat, will talk some more, and who knows where it will go...

Thanks for the suggestion.

Best,

Lenny