Thread: nuarc 26-1k

mitch

nuarc 26-1k

hi all
    i am a little confused about replacement bulbs for my nuarc. this afternoon while printing my bulb went and so i went on the internet to find a new one. it a GW114 and i found severeal places to buy one. now my question the Gw114 is a mercury bulb and all the replacement bulbs list for my nuarc are a metal Halide bulb. is ther a problem useing this insted of a mercury bulb? i was told the nuarc 26-1ks use a MHL bulb but a 26-1k doesn't.has anyone replaced their units bulb with the mhl bulb?
    thanks
    mitch

Re: nuarc 26-1k

Call Nuarc and ask.
    “You often feel tired, not because you've done too much, but because you've done too little of what sparks a light in you.”
    ― Alexander Den Heijer, Nothing You Don't Already Know

the 1st thing after i got my 261k, ordered a backup bulb from Nuarc directly. just a peace of mind.

Andrew

Some years ago I owned a NuArc 26-1K that I used with an Ushio metal halide lamp installed. It seemed to work fine but when I spoke to the people at NuArc about a problem of consistency I was having in printing they recommended I switch to their GW114 mercury vapor lamp. I did not and continued to have a problem with consistency even though the Ushio bulb seemed to work fine otherwise. However, I have a good friend who also had a NuArc at the time and he also had a problem with consistency even though he was using the GW114. When he spoke to NuArc they told him that that integrator was not designed for consistency with UV sensitive processes.

I eventually sold the NuArc 26-1k acquired an Amergraph ULFD-28 continuous wave xenon unit and it provides the consistent results I expect.

Sandy King
    For discussion and information about carbon transfer please visit the carbon group at groups.io
    [url]https://groups.io/g/carbon

The Ushio MHL 1000/1 works perfectly in a NuArc 26-1K.

I just went through the same thing as you several months ago. BulbConnection.com has them for $36.

The integrator has to be in good shape in order to get consistent results, no cracks, crazing or haze.

However, I have a good friend who also had a NuArc at the time and he also had a problem with consistency even though he was using the GW114. When he spoke to NuArc they told him that that integrator was not designed for consistency with UV sensitive processes.
    This concerns me since I purchased that NuArc 26-1K. His advice was to run the lamp for a short period before using it to print.

Don Bryant

Analog Photographer Kimberly Anderson's Avatar

Folks, my NuArc 26-1K is having difficulty 'starting up' when I press the 'S' button. It takes anywhere from 10 seconds to almost a minute sometimes before it will fire up.

Bulb is relatively new...less than a few years old.

Is there something I need to be checking/replacing? I'm fairly handy and could tear this thing down if needed.

Thanks!