I just shot a roll of Kodak 120mm color and one roll of Ilford BW film in my Graflex 4X5 Pacemaker Speed with odd results. The spacing between the negatives on the Kodak color negatives was the same and about 5/16th of an inch. The images overlapped on the Ilford BW film by as much as 1/4th inch, basically making them much shorter than 3 1/4 inch when cut.

Also, the vertical shadows just left of center. Is this processing bath damage or improper tension on the negative in the adapter?

Here is a scanned negative, check out the black borders left and right of the negative scanned in the 2.25X3/25 scanner mask.. The rest of the image is double exposed on both adjacent negatives.

This adapter has the winding knob rather than the lever so doesn't have the pressure rollers that the later model with lever does. I wound to the "click" and stop between shots on both rolls, I don't suspect my technique at the moment. I've checked the winding mechanism, it seems to be OK, no slippage under pressure.

What might be causing this? Thickness or slippage of the Ilford film in the paper backing? Or differences between the diameter of the film spools?

Tom Thomas