Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Did anyone see the editor's statement in B&W

Did anyone see the editor's statement in B&W

Dot free? The work I've seen in person was gorgeous but you could tell it was generated by a printer in two heart ticks. I will say the ones I've seen have a velvety platinum colored look all their own.

Old School Wayne

What makes this decision so absurd in my view is that digital printing has only now reached a quality level that is arguably on a par with the wet darkroom.

---

As long as people keep wishing digital is the same thing only slightly different, those people are going to keep having really rude awakenings. I'll shout it. Its exactly the same, EXCEPT ONE USES A FREAKIN COMPUTER!!!!! NEITHER IS SUPERIOR OR INFERIOR, BUT THEY ARE VERY DIFFERENT!!!! ONE USES A COMPUTER, AND ONE DOESNT!!! A COMPUTER THAT CAN PERFORM HUNDREDS OR MILLIONS OF SIMULTANEOUS OPERATIONS AT SPEEDS FAR EXCEEDING THAT OF A MERE MORTAL. A COMPUTER! THATS WHY ITS DIFFERENT. see oh emm pee you tee ee are! COMPUTER!

Look at my hands. LEFT HAND---NO COMPUTER. RIGHT HAND---COMPUTER. IS ONE BETTER? NO. ARE BOTH HANDS THE SAME? Only if one eye is closed.

all in fun, ;-)

To Jim:

Is being able to tell it was generated by computer good or bad - you don't say :-)

But I was serious about dot free. I mean absolutely, totally, and completely free of any visible dots, even under a loup. No dots! But to get that, you need to use the right software / printer combination. And if you do, then the quality is awesome.

In other words (surprise surprise), its just like the wet darkroom. It all depends on the skill of the printer and the use of the right materials.

To Wayne:

I could not agree more. You make my case far better than I do. -- Quentin

so it comes down to a little rage against the machine!