Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Special order 5x7 film from Kodak

Analog Photographer Kimberly Anderson's Avatar

Re: Special order 5x7 film from Kodak

I'm in for at least one box of 100 sheets.

Count me in for two boxes, please.

Best regards,

Steve Dupey

Did I miss a post that stated the price? I might be interested but couldn't find it.

UPDATE:

I have now heard from two dealers. Kodak's minimum order for a special run has gone up since the last time I did this: 125 boxes of 50 sheets (compared with 30 boxes of 100 sheets last time).

If we make that minimum, one dealer can sell it to us for $142.50 per 50-sheet box (the other dealer came in at $145). However, the second dealer can also get it for us for $150 per box without meeting the 125-box minimum.

I realize that this news will probably dampen many of your spirits- it certainly dampens mine to contemplate paying $3 per sheet when I previously paid .80 cents per sheet in 2002. I am starting to consider going with HP-5 at $1.64 per sheet or Tri-X at $2.37 per sheet, in combination with a slower film for outdoor shooting (FP-4 is only $1.48 per sheet). But I have not made up my mind, yet.

If we do the order, everyone will place their own order and pay separately. The dealer with the lowest price ($142.50 per box) will need full payment in advance. The other dealer, who can get us film without making the minimum for $150 per box, requires 50 percent payment in advance. Kodak says 4-6 weeks for delivery.

All of you who emailed me with a potential order, please let me know how much film you would definitely want (in 50-sheet boxes). Also if you have decided not to order any film, please let me know. I will send an email with this same text to everyone who emailed me. Please let me know: joelpickford@yahoo.com

Thank you for the work you have put in to this Joel.
    I started to go through this for TXP and gave up on the project once I started to use the new (post 2007) TXP.
    Kodak generally speaking, has the best products,
    but the front office sucks!
    I was once the biggest pro Kodak person in my circle of friends, but they are really making it hard to stay loyal.

I pay 2 dollars a sheet for HP-5 in Montreal now,
    at 3 dollars a sheet for T-4 I am still in for some,
    Kodak wins by the "hostage factor".

funkadelic

TMY can be had for about $2.60/sheet if you're willing to cut down 8x10... and it's available without a large minimum order.
    While I would like to see boxes of 5x7 available, cost is an important factor in purchasing decisions for many people.

On the chance anyone wants the 5x7 Tmax 400 I had purchased 18 months ago and was frozen immediately. I have four 50 sheet boxes all same emulsion # and dated 3 / 2011 and unopened I will sell for half price.

PM if interested.

Real photographs are born wet !

www.PowerOfProcessTips.com

funkadelic

pm sent!

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Sherman View Post
    On the chance anyone wants the 5x7 Tmax 400 I had purchased 18 months ago and was frozen immediately. I have four 50 sheet boxes all same emulsion # and dated 3 / 2011 and unopened I will sell for half price.

PM if interested.
    ACK!
    If it is not all gone Steve....pls keep me in mind.

Just for the heck of it, I sent an email to Kodak expressing my professional disappointment that they have chosen to offer Tri-X instead of T-Max 400 in 5x7 and giving them reasons why I think they should reverse that policy. I know it is futile to send missives of this kind to corporate America, but I always do anyway. I figure it is my right as a loyal, decades-long customer.