Thread: Sinar to Linhof _13x18_ lens boad adapter?

Sinar to Linhof _13x18_ lens boad adapter?

Sinar and Linhof 13x18 lensboards are quite close in dimensions (ca 10mm difference) so there is no room for the usual lock.
    I wonder has anyone ever made such adapter?

Thanks
    Andrey

Re: Sinar to Linhof _13x18_ lens boad adapter?

Quote Originally Posted by Andrey Vorobyov View Post
    Sinar and Linhof 13x18 lensboards are quite close in dimensions (ca 10mm difference) so there is no room for the usual lock.
    The Technika board is off-centered too. To take also big lenses such Sinar adapter board needs a 100mm hole.

Because a Technika 4x5" lens board can also be used for size #3 shutters the Sinar and the Technika 13x18 can be used with adapter boards. Like the old Linhof adapter board 001066.

Re: Sinar to Linhof _13x18_ lens boad adapter?

i made something similar. mine is a plaubel to linhof kardan adapter.( in fact it's a kardan adapter to linhof 13x18 lensboards that a adapted to a plaubel lensboard) the size of the lensboards is almost the same. i used a 2mm foam as a spacer, in that mode i left enough space for the locking mechanism of the plaubel to close the original board. very happy because plaubel never produced a similar adapter and i wanted to use my compound V mounted lenses.
    good luck, boris