Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Schneider Glass Filter w/ Linhof Compendium Hood

Re: Schneider Glass Filter w/ Linhof Compendium Hood

Thank you Peter and Bob.

I will look more into the Linhof adapter 001933. I did look at the Linhof site and found the adapter. But, I would prefer to use only the compendium, and would rather not purchase another item for my backpack. I will be traveling in the mountains and want to keep everything as simple as possible.

If there is a gel that is accurate and can withstand some moisture I will use that. Otherwise, I will order the adapter and screw-in filters.

Thank you for your help.

Quote Originally Posted by Spencer Ladd View Post
    Thank you Peter and Bob.

I will look more into the Linhof adapter 001933. I did look at the Linhof site and found the adapter. But, I would prefer to use only the compendium, and would rather not purchase another item for my backpack. I will be traveling in the mountains and want to keep everything as simple as possible.

If there is a gel that is accurate and can withstand some moisture I will use that. Otherwise, I will order the adapter and screw-in filters.

Thank you for your help.
    The adapter simply slides on the rod of the compendium so the two travel as one piece, if desired.

Gels are very accurate, as long as they have not faded (many are made with organic dyes/pigments). None are good in moisture and in proper frames or holders they will be flat.

Quote Originally Posted by Spencer Ladd View Post
    If there is a gel that is accurate and can withstand some moisture I will use that.
    Only nearly as accurate but withstanding moisture are polyester filters e. g. made by Lee.

I am going to experiment with the Lee Polyester Filters at first. If I don't see any problems with color then they seem to be the best solution all around. If they pose a problem for me I will then experiment with the adapter and glass.