Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Landscapers; where is your next lust

Re: Landscapers; where is your next lust

Pinnacles National Monument (in California). Never been there. Maybe this summer.

Images occasionally pop-up in the forum, and they keep calling-out, inviting me.

I think the open space, intermittent trees & wild granite formations would keep me and my three-lens kit busy.

Looks like the nights would be cold and the days hot…

in the fall i'll hopefully be get to go so see my dad in LA for two weeks or so and while there we've talking about traveling up the coast and visiting some big trees and yosemite
    i've never seen northern CA and only Death Valley outside of SoCal while visiting family in Trona

I have a standing invitation to Tok/Soldotna, Alaska and this has been intriguing me only lately
    early winter up there could be amazing

outside of those just about any place with forest, water and hills

Quote Originally Posted by Heroique View Post
    Pinnacles National Monument (in California). Never been there. Maybe this summer....Looks like the nights would be cold and the days hot…
    Summer would be more like very hot/dry days (>100F) and warm nights. Much of the exposed rock of the pinnacles are not granite, but Rhyolite breccia -- actually can be a little more interesting than just "plain" granite.

It has been awhile since I was down there!

I could spend the rest of my life between Vaughn, about 4 hours south and Brian (2 hours north) with 3 hours west and 4 hours east thown in, and be set.

Where I'm really lusting to go is that head space where I'm able to realize the kinds of images I aspire to. I think I have access to the raw material, I just need to make it happen!

runs a monkey grinder Steve M Hostetter's Avatar

I'd like to get back to Gary Indiana and photograph the ruins there.. Seems to be about the most interesting place for me in all my travels

I travel alot, especially during the summer, but this year is special for me. I'm going to Alaska for 6 weeks. Traveling with the wife and another friend. I'm dragging my 1973 Streamline travel trailer up through Glacier/Waterton, Banff and then up the Alaska Highway, through Dawson and over the Top of the World Highway into Alaska. We are going up to Prudhoe and as far south as Seward and Homer, Haines and Skagway and everything in between and then return through Whitehorse and travel down the western side of British Columbia via Prince George. Just plan on a couple hundred miles per day max and taking lots of pics. And for the first time I'll be shooting 4 X 5. I came on this site with a few questions about lense selection for a Galvin I had acquired and ended up with a serious case of LF disease. I now own a complete Horseman 45LE system and I'm really excited to get going. I've shot 6X9 with my Mamiya Press system for many years. Hope to get some great pics. I noticed that alot of replies to this thread are from the Northwest and the other Rocky Mountain states. We live in some of the most beautiful places on earth but its still nice to get away to someplace different.

A few local archeological sites and some bridges. Oh, and Giselle Bundschen!
    "I would feel more optimistic about a bright future for man if he spent less time proving that he can outwit Nature and more time tasting her sweetness and respecting her seniority"---EB White

A local archeological site and a few bridges. Some nocturnals, and my sea horse specimen (a more realistic goal than Giselle Bundchen!)
    "I would feel more optimistic about a bright future for man if he spent less time proving that he can outwit Nature and more time tasting her sweetness and respecting her seniority"---EB White

This may be a case of "the grass is always greener on the other side," but I would say:

- Grand Tetons
    - Banff Nat'l Park, Canada
    - New Zealand (south island)
    - southern Alasksa
    - Redwoods Nat'l Park

Until I can save up for those places, I must sustain myself with So. Cal. which - to be candid - I can't stand due to all the chaparral.

The Pasayten Wilderness
    The Glacier Peak Wilderness
    The High Divide (Olympic National Park)
    The Dark Divide (Goat Rocks Wilderness)
    Mount Rainier
    Mount Adams
    The Wild Sky

I also moved to the right place, apparently.
    Last edited by Rakesh Malik; 18-May-2010 at 14:21. Reason: added one :)