Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Should I buy a Linhof?

Re: Should I buy a Linhof?

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Salomon - HP Marketing View Post
    The Technika is perhaps the best example of a camera evolving over time and that includes differences between a IV to a V to a Master and from Master to Master since it has been made since 1976.
    you could say that again. there are so many variations of the master, i can't keep them straight!

Hmmm. As I've been looking for the right Linhof I couldn't help but notice the Wista SP. Seems nice--maybe perfect?--but I've never seen one in real life. People seem to like them.

Your thoughts? Comparisons? Can you focus a 300mm at all close?

--Darin

Just found this older thread, which answers many of my questions:

http://www.largeformatphotography.in...ighlight=wista

Additional thoughts are welcome, of course. I think I'm still leaning towards a Linhof.

--Darin

I've wandered all about in my thinking, from the Linhof, to the Wista SP/VX, and to the Toyo field and I'm back again looking for a Linhof. I'm not seeing much in the range of Frank's price guidance....maybe I should go higher?

How easy is the Linhof to use handheld vs. the Polaroid 600 SE? Maybe I'll sell the 600 and add the cash to my Linhof "war chest"...

If know if a Linhof for sale think of me

--Darin

So.....I just bought a Linhof. Great condition other than a few problems that were known in advance (and adjusted for in the price).

A few questions to get me rolling.

1) What is the size of the ground glass. Believe it or not one of the first things I did was break the gg. First one I've ever broken in my life. Totally my fault. I want to order one from Steve Hopf but the old one is hard to measure now. Never even got to look through it with a lens on

2) As Frank may have guessed, the very bottom teeth on the plastic gear rails for the front rise are stripped. I called Martin at Marflex and left a message and e-mailed, too. Do they fix these with plastic again or do they use brass? Does anyone make a brass part for this?

Beautiful camera. Sill playing with it, trying to figure everything out.

--Darin

Just pack it up and send to Martin and keep your credit card paid off ;-) then you know it is right.

I have a Beater with a capital "B" Technika V. No grip. No finder. No cams. No leaks. All the movements work. The rear hood is toast. I like it! A lot.
    Good luck.
    Wayne
    Deep in the darkest heart of the North Carolina rainforest.

Wayne's Blog

FlickrMyBookFaceTwitSpacei