Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lightgear and Kelty System

Re: Lightgear and Kelty System

I got my P2 setup from Bruce two weeks ago and I took it out for a bit of Hiking around Page last weekend. I still need to tweak the suspension a little bit but so far I love it. Its light years ahead of my Lowepro pack. Support is great.

My only real gripe is, as mentioned before, the backerboard is a bit of a pain to get in. Especially if you're using a hydration pack. I'm still not sure how I feel about the side pockets, its seems like they will throw the balance off a lot if not perfectly balanced.

Re: Lightgear and Kelty System

I have both a P2 and the Nimbus, and I much prefer the harness system on the Nimbus. The lumbar support molds to the shape of your back, whereas I find the P2 much less forgiving. It wants to mold my back to its contour. But then I have one herniated disc and two bulging discs so I may be a bit more sensitivite to the ergonomics than others. Concerning the water resistence issue, the Nimbus with the optional waterproof cover is far superior to the P2. Just this weekend my wife and I were shooting in WMNF in NH and spent an entire day in sopping wet conditions, battling at least three hard downpours. Even with the P2 cover put into operation, the pack was still damp on the inside. Nothing had penetrated the lens cases however. In contrast, the Nimbus was bone dry. At this point, we are thinking of flipping our P2 for a second Nimbus.