Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Where did 4x5 Velvia Sheet Film go ?

Re: Where did 4x5 Velvia Sheet Film go ?

I called Samy's camera and was told that Quickloads are gone and that they were almost all out of the 4x5 Fiji films but there may be a few boxes left at some of the stores.

I'm glad I stocked up on Quickloads when I did.

Just a followup on this.

I was able to order several boxes of Velvia 50 Quick Loads yesterday from B&H, but they had no other Velvia 50 available in sheet film. I got some Ektar 100 to supplement the Velvia for an upcoming trip, but prefer Velvia 50 of course.

I prefer the Quick Loads, but I don't have big problem with using cut sheet, if I can get it. I know that Fuji has said it would discontinue the 50 sheet boxes, and ship 20 sheet boxes instead, which is fine, but even that isn't available.

Most of the usual places I checked for Velvia 50 either didn't list it, or it was out of stock. I'd always hoped to be able to continue shooting that which I love, throughout the rest of my lifespan, but I'm beginning to wonder. I can't stand the thought of having to shoot digital ...

According to B&H the 20 sheet boxes of Velvia were due in June, but they still have no word when it will actually arrive.

older than most

just purchased 3 "new" 20 sheet boxes from jeff at badger

The B&H website shows Velvia 50 & 100 in stock now. I ordered a box of the Velvia 100, 20 sheet quickload from B&H this past Monday, UPS tracking shows it will be delivered today.

How about 8x10" Velvia 50?

Quote Originally Posted by Linhof View Post
    How about 8x10" Velvia 50?
    That seems to be the only color negative or chrome film from Fuji that Badger has in stock.

https://www.badgergraphic.com/store/..._detail&p=2361

They have 160S color neg film as "discontinued by Fuji" and the other Fuji chrome films as "out of stock."

I'm sure there are some older supplies of various Fuji color film elsewhere, but it does appear to the casual observer at least that Fuji is, at best, going to become a very limited player in 8x10 in the U.S.

Of course, don't expect Fuji to actually explain their plans. They are arguably the worst company at PR that has ever existed.

Quote Originally Posted by John NYC View Post
    That seems to be the only color negative or chrome film from Fuji that Badger has in stock.

https://www.badgergraphic.com/store/..._detail&p=2361

They have 160S color neg film as "discontinued by Fuji" and the other Fuji chrome films as "out of stock."

I'm sure there are some older supplies of various Fuji color film elsewhere, but it does appear to the casual observer at least that Fuji is, at best, going to become a very limited player in 8x10 in the U.S.

Of course, don't expect Fuji to actually explain their plans. They are arguably the worst company at PR that has ever existed.
    Just a follow up...

FWIW, just looked on the fujifilmusa.com website, and they only list these two films as being available in 8x10:

Velvia 100 (not Velvia 100F)
    T64

However, this probably doesn't mean anything since they still list Acros 4x5 Quickloads as being available, which we all know from previous rumors have been discontinued. Typical Fuji lack of understandable communication in every regard.

older than most

touche'