I just purchased my first DSRL body, a Pentax K10D. My renewed interest on photography made me review all the photographic stuff i own, deciding which item are still of some interest and which could be sold - my budget is much more limited now, than what used to be:-(
Unfortunately going digital with MF and LF involves the purchase of a decent flatbed scanner, it looks like any choice below an Epson 4990 would be a disappointment.
Unfortunately those (or better quality) scanners are still quite expensive, so i am forced to part with some photographic equipments i own.
One of the fields where i have no great interest, nor the needed place at home, is the darkroom. Apart from the "portable darkroom" that is needed to place sheet films on the chassis , ehm... film holders, and for the Jobo drum (if only i could find where i stored it...) that could be still used to develop some B&W films (up to 4x5" format), all the remaining stuff must be either sold or even given away for free! I am thinking about three large format vertical tanks, that can be used to develop at once a lot of sheet films. They are HUGE, and are still in the basement of a friend, who's impatiently waiting the day when those "things" would go away!
Back to the serious stuff now.
I own some enlarging lenses, from a 28mm Componon to a 100mm one, and i would like to know if it could be worth to find a shutter, and test them for macro work, or maybe it would be better to keep them for the bellows of a DSRL or a 6x7 film camera.
Please give me the a link, or at least some basic infos, about the ratio they are optimized for, and which would be the coverage at those image to film ratios.
The lenses are:
Componon T 4/50
Componon 4/28
Componon-S 5.6/100

I love old lenses, and i still have at home other enlarging lenses, the longer focal is a not-so-noble Componar f4.5 10.5cm.
The lens is quite old, the barrel is "silver", and as far as i remember there are no clicks for the iris values. The focal length should be good for moderate macros, better if used with a 6x7 or 6x9 film backs, with moderate bellows extension.
The lens comes fitted to a flange, with three mounting holes. The thread on the lens itself is a strange 38,4mm, not 39mm, and the thread is very thin, unlike the classic LTM.
In the end, if the performance of the lens is at least decent, it would be nice to look for a cheap shutter, and have an adapter ring machined to front-mount the lens to the shutter.
If the expected performance isn't worth all the fuss, i'd be happy to get at least some infos about it.
I don't know if it's a triplet, or it's already a tessar-type, optimized for short distances.
Is there anybody with the right answer?

I must say one thing, though, i have just purchased on the bay a small suitcase with Tominon/Polaroid MP-4 lenses and tubes. The two missing items where the shutter, and the 17mm lens. Within a short time i could find the shutter (Polaroid branded Compur with 40.5mm front thread for all the lenses), and probably i will get soon the missing lens, the f4 17mm.
If, or when, i will own the complete kit, my need for close-up to micro photography should be covered. The lenses range from 17mm to 135mm, all with f4 aperture, and all are front-mounted on a Compur 0. From what i have read online, the Tominons used as taking lenses are mounted the conventional way, part in front and part behind the leaf shutter (i know of a 117mm and of a 135mm), while these repro lenses are all front mounted.
I could make no test myself, as the shutter came in very poor conditions, stuck or greatly slowed at all the slow speeds, so i sent it immediately for a CLA.
I would be very grateful if somebody wants to share his knowledge about the Tominons. We know very little about them here in Europe, because the Polaroid MP-3 and MP-4 were mostly used across the Atlantic.
So all my (rather small) knowledge comes from the Web, and i've never seen a reference on how they perform if pitted against good enlarger lenses.
AFAIK they are all reversed Tessars, but one (probably the 50mm, that should have a 6-elements design). I have read some posts where the Tominons were called "good", and found an interesting scheme from the original documentation about the optimal film to subject ratio for each of the lenses.
Should i stick with the Polaroid lenses, or give also a try to the enlarging lenses, older and newer?
I love to compare the result of old lenses, but if the mentioned enlarging lenses would only be a duplicate for the Tominons, i could save the money for a couple of old shutters, and for the work of a photo mechanic, for something better.

I am open to any advice, and i will postpone to future postings all the other questions i have in mind :-)
Just a very small one:
does anybody know what's the coverage of a Sekor 75mm wide angle for the Mamiya Super 23/Universal?
The example i own looks very recent, as new, unlike the battered Universal body (with foldable normal lens) i bought the lens for.
Just in case there were more than one versions of the same lens....

have fun

CJ