Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: B&H / Retrun Of Defective Goods Question

B&H / Retrun Of Defective Goods Question

Whatever the policy is, did you actually have a problem with B&H in this regard? I've had to exchange a couple of items over the past few years, and they've taken me at my word that they were defective without too many questions.

Well I dont know what pissed you off so much, I had to return a Jobo CPA2 with lift because the one they sent me was defective and I had no problem getting a RMA# or getting my money back. I have been a long time customer of them and wrote them a letter to that effect, it was a polite letter and they were very prompt returning my money. Perhaps you behaved like a jerk and they answered in kind.

B & H is just moving into the "Modern World", I have no complaints with B & H and have always been satisfied with thier service. But like the rest of the World, I noticed that my last return was not as easy as the first. If only it were just B & H. It seems that everywhere we go we are subjected to "Poor Service". Have you been out to Dinner? When we find good "Old Fashioned" Service most of us are shocked! My Grandfather who just passed, told me that this is a sure sign of "Old Age" setting in. However my 16 year old daughter complains all the time about poor service...... So go figure...

"For your reference, the New York - City and State - consumer fraud departments will "wring" B&H's neck if they sold you - either knowlingly or unknowlingly - a defective product and if they refuse to either refund your purchase price or give you the same item in a new working condition."

As far as the above statement, I can only suggest that "The Honorable Robert J. Triffin" must be sitting on a PARK Bench if he thinks that the NY "CFD" gives a shit! They are no different than any other State "CFD" and like most people that are behind a Sales Counter or a Judicial Bench they have forgoten who the customer is.

Submitted with respect,

Mac

Here's part of the original thread: "Here's the catch 22, the salesman says clipout the UPC code to get a rebate. The camera or what ever is sent to you defective They say too bad, the box is not as new So.. NO REFUND, kiss your money good buy."

As for "The Honorable" Tiffin, he's probably a two-bit traffic judge who, by having been appointed by his uncle, thinks he's GOD since he can tell everybody to shut up in his courtroom. Here, he's having a problem with people who know as much [and probably more] than he does. So much for "de Judge".
    Alec

I regretfully am writing again. I understand now that at issue was not the returns department, and in general making a return, but rather to say not being able to make the return because the shipping department sent a box without valid proof of purchase. I imagine if this was brought to the attention to the Manager of the store, or the Manager of the Shipping Department, and you did not BARK at them like a PITBULL, perhaps you might have gotten your money refunded.

Sometimes people who work in stores pay less attention to people that make a loud SQUAWK, but instead are more than happy to assist a different person who is not mean, looking down their nose as if they know more than you ... BLA BLA BLA.

Yes, there is a 1 in 10 rule: 1 out of every 10 people gives other drivers a hard time/ is a jerk/ steals money out of a tip-jar to pay for their $5 latte at a coffee-boutique/ harasses behind-the counter-help when they do not get their own way ... I could go on, and on and on and on and on and on and ...... but I am sure you get my drift.

I when I worked "behind the counter" people even clipped the UPC Symbols from the box and tried to return the item for whatever reason they gave ... usually there were 9 pleasant customers after that.

Robert Triffin is a real, actual lawyer.

SKG

So was Marsha Clark - doesn't mean Jack.

I have received a defective part from B & H and just wanted them to send a new, working one. I assume they didn't have anymore because they refunded my purchase price plus full shipping even though I kept other stuff that DID work from that shipment. They aren't the best company in town but they are ONE of the best and usually try very hard to take care of people... I would endorse B & H if someone asked my opinion of them...