Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Jobo Expert Drums

Re: Jobo Expert Drums

By programming ATL's with sheetfilm and expertdrums, there is a step that frequently move the drum-axis in a soft manner. You will find this step in manual's programming capter.
    sorry I'm not fine in english but in german
    Kind regards
    Hermann

My favorite accessory for the 3005 when using a powered roller (I use a Beseler) is a flexible funnel with adjustable flow [available at an auto parts store anywhere] ... this allows you to add developer/stop/fix/ and wash water while the drum is turning. It eliminated the occasional uneven development I was getting from pouring developer in and then rushing to place the tube back onto the roller ... and it makes processing quicker and easier.

I also believe you do not have to worry about reversing direction of the rotation during processing. I originally reversed for a couple of years and then tested it with same-direction rotation after reading Jobo's claims that the relatively random circulation within the expert drums eliminated the need to reverse direction. I have been processing with single direction rotation for over a year now and see no uneven development ... I'd be interested in reading other peoples experience with this.

Also, if you get the foot pump ... ALWAYS put one hand on the top of the tube while pumping ... I very nearly lost an eye from an exploding top that had gotten on askew (easy to do) ... that blew off with unbelievable force. I lost vision in the eye for 24 hours and suffered damage to the natural drainage system in that eye ... so I now get checked for glaucoma every year.

I fill with water before removing the top with the foot pump, comes off much easier.
    Also Jobo recommends filling with water before removing film, the film does remove easier, so this step is already done.

--
    Alan

Hello,

.... and the pressurized air volume is smaller with water filled to the top.

best

joerg

An Expert drum didn't make an Expert out of a rank rookie. It did make evenly developed negatives for this rank rookie. I can't imagine developing sheet film any other way.

I wish Jobo made a clear top for the Espert drums. It would be a hoot to watch the liquid flow.

Thanks for confirming my suspicions that reversing the rotation direction iesn't required. Both of my rollers turn one way. My negatives don't seem to suffer for it.
    Wayne
    Deep in the darkest heart of the North Carolina rainforest.

Wayne's Blog

FlickrMyBookFaceTwitSpacei

I have a clear drum, which was used at trade shows for that very reason.

Quote Originally Posted by venchka View Post
    An Expert drum didn't make an Expert out of a rank rookie. It did make evenly developed negatives for this rank rookie. I can't imagine developing sheet film any other way.

I wish Jobo made a clear top for the Espert drums. It would be a hoot to watch the liquid flow.

Thanks for confirming my suspicions that reversing the rotation direction iesn't required. Both of my rollers turn one way. My negatives don't seem to suffer for it.

I figured there had to be some around. I'm sure it helped in the design also.
    Wayne
    Deep in the darkest heart of the North Carolina rainforest.

Wayne's Blog

FlickrMyBookFaceTwitSpacei

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Blank View Post
    Must make that "daytime" developing tough.

Mike

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Blank View Post
    Greg,

Is it possible to create a video of that, how the liquid is flowing during a run ?
    And make it available on youtube .
    Would be nice to see that.

Regards,
    Mike

Michael Alpert

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Graves View Post
    I also believe you do not have to worry about reversing direction of the rotation during processing. I originally reversed for a couple of years and then tested it with same-direction rotation after reading Jobo's claims that the relatively random circulation within the expert drums eliminated the need to reverse direction. I have been processing with single direction rotation for over a year now and see no uneven development ... I'd be interested in reading other peoples experience with this.
    Jim,

I've been looking through Jobo's literature to find informaiton about reversing direction (i.e., not needing to), but I cannot find it. I am not doubting you, but I would like to know where you read this information.

Also, did you need to change development times?