Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Fuji Film... a thing of the past.

Lachlan 717

Re: Fuji Film... a thing of the past.

Quote Originally Posted by Marko View Post
    If I read the OP's question correctly, he's been specifically asking about Fuji films, color films at that. I don't see what does Ilford have to do with it?

Marko,

My apologies; I thought that it was plainly obvious that I was commenting on the positive state of LF/analogue photography when I drew attention to Ilford's sales.

If you didn't get that, this might help:

Ilford is doing better than it has for ages. Ergo, Fuji probably is as well.

Did that help?
    Lachlan.

You miss 100% of the shots you never take. -- Wayne Gretzky

Fuji sells a lot of film in the form of those disposable cameras so I don't think they will be totally discontinuing film production at least for color neg film.

Quote Originally Posted by bvstaples View Post
    I wonder why they would discontinue ALL film production when they're about ready to release their new MF film camera?

http://www.fujifilmusa.com/press/new...?newsID=879818
    It has been released last year.

Don Bryant

Quote Originally Posted by Lachlan 617 View Post
    Marko,

My apologies; I thought that it was plainly obvious that I was commenting on the positive state of LF/analogue photography when I drew attention to Ilford's sales.

If you didn't get that, this might help:

Ilford is doing better than it has for ages. Ergo, Fuji probably is as well.

Did that help?
    Could you provide a link to the Ilford financial report you mentioned in an earlier link? I've searched for about 15 minutes without being able to find any financial statements relating to sales of Ilford paper.

I did learn that Ilford is now owned by Oji Paper Company, an apparently very large, diversified Japanese paper products company, that there is a U.S. subsidiary or division or something of Oji (or of another company related to Oji) called Oji Ilford USA but a search produced no financial reports for it, nor did an all-words search for "ilford paper financial report" and numerous variations turn up any relevant financial information about sales of Ilford photo papers.

I did find financial information for Oji Paper Company (stated in yen) that indicated sales of paper products in general are down so if sales (and profits?) of Ilford's photo papers are up that's a very good sign since it would be going against the larger trend for paper products in general. For anyone interested, the link to that information is http://www.ojipaper.co.jp/english/ir...ts_2010_03.pdf
    Brian Ellis
    Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you do criticize them you'll be
    a mile away and you'll have their shoes.

Drew Wiley

Oji does not own Ilford black-and-white products, Harman in England does. Oji purchased the color products only, including Ilfochrome and inkjet supplies, though they are still licensed to use the Ilford name and website for these particular things.

As they say, stock up and freeze. You just never know when the rug will be pulled out underneath from you!

Quote Originally Posted by Drew Wiley View Post
    Oji does not own Ilford black-and-white products, Harman in England does. Oji purchased the color products only, including Ilfochrome and inkjet supplies, though they are still licensed to use the Ilford name and website for these particular things.
    A minor clarification - Oji bought the intellectual property rights to the Ilford name as well as the color products out of the reorganization proceedings. Harman Technology is licensed to use the name solely for its analog/traditional B&W products.

Ok, here's the scoop. I just received my latest price list from Fuji effective May 1, 2010. The only color neg film available now is Pro 400H up to the 220 format. That's it! For B&W NEOPAN is available up to 4x5 Quick Loads. Transparency films are pretty much untouched.

No time for complaining just adjusting to the realities.

so Fuji is going to continue making 220 rollfilm then?

Quote Originally Posted by epraus View Post
    Ok, here's the scoop. I just received my latest price list from Fuji effective May 1, 2010. The only color neg film available now is Pro 400H up to the 220 format. That's it! For B&W NEOPAN is available up to 4x5 Quick Loads. Transparency films are pretty much untouched.
    US website has just been updated:

http://www.fujifilmusa.com/products/...ilm/index.html

The consumer color neg films are still available in 35mm:

http://www.fujifilmusa.com/products/film/index.html