Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: HK MR 2000 enlarger?

I see in black and white.

HK MR 2000 enlarger?

Anyone have information on this beast. I'm seeing one on the 'bay near me...near enough to be able to go get, anyway...and I'm curious about the maximum negative size it can take and also whether or not it's even worth my time.

Re: HK MR 2000 enlarger?

Er...and I'm a little daft today. Can someone move this where it belongs?

Is it a horizontal enlarger like this? If so, it will certainly enlarge 8x10 negatives.

No, it's wall mounted. It's also very, very large.

I know that most of you have enlargers so I could probably just post the darn link, but it's got 4 days left still and I really hope it doesn't go over my budget. Then I get to call my dad and go on a road trip.

http://cgi.ebay.com/PROFESSIONAL-COL...mZ260570863742

Massive.

For the love of large format photography, please don't bid. (Obviously I know this won't work, but I figured I'd ask anyway.)

I used this enlarger , it is an impressive piece of equipment.
    It takes quite a few bulbs to power the head but if the timer works , it is a wonderful enlarger.
    You will need a big truck but this is a winner.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie Brim View Post
    No, it's wall mounted. It's also very, very large.

I know that most of you have enlargers so I could probably just post the darn link, but it's got 4 days left still and I really hope it doesn't go over my budget. Then I get to call my dad and go on a road trip.

http://cgi.ebay.com/PROFESSIONAL-COL...mZ260570863742

Massive.

For the love of large format photography, please don't bid. (Obviously I know this won't work, but I figured I'd ask anyway.)

My dad has a Dodge with a topper, but he could take it off if we need to. What's the largest size negative it can do, out of curiosity?

My main issue is where the heck I'm going to mount it in the basement if I do get it. The walls are painted brick since the basement isn't finished.

4x5

An interesting thing. The guy selling it says it *can* do up to 8x10.

I also misread the photo and he says that it's free standing. I wonder if I *could* wall mount it.

It's almost like this is too good to be true. It's relatively close, it seems to do all the formats I need it to, and it comes with almost everything I need to make it work. I'd need to source one more lens (a 210 or so for 5x7) and and either find or make a negative carrier and I'd be ready to go.

Of course...I'm thinking that this may need more power than I have access to down in the basement right now. I guess now would be the time to have my cousin come and put that end of the basement on its own circuit and give me another couple of 4-up outlets.

Why would you want a behemoth enlarger like this, that looks like it's old, well-used and for which replacement parts surely are no longer available, when you could get a much newer Beseler or Omega for very little money? While parts are going to be a problem for any enlarger these days, at least there are thousands and thousands of Beselers and Omegas still around so parts won't completely disappear for a long time.
    Brian Ellis
    Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you do criticize them you'll be
    a mile away and you'll have their shoes.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Ellis View Post
    when you could get a much newer Beseler or Omega for very little money?.
    Beseler does not make a 'real' 8x10 enlarger, and the Omega, though still available new, is about $16,000 for just the chassis. Also, the Omega Dichro head is much older in design and downright primitive compared to the HK in question.This HK has a modern closed loop 10x10 head. Omega never made anything like that in 8x10. Basically this is like an 8x10 version of the Omega D5500.

That HK enlarger is for 8x10 negatives. With a 240mm lens you should be able to get an enlargement 40" across on the table. I can't tell if the baseboard lowers toward the ground, but if it does, you should be able to get 40" across with a 300mm lens.

It is a free standing enlarger. You can't really wall mount something like that (why would you want to ??)

If it is close, I'd go and see it. There was a similar situation in another thread. From what I understand the local seller helped Jon move and set up his new 8x10 enlarger he got from an e-bay auction. http://www.largeformatphotography.in...3&postcount=41