I am looking to replace a Vivitar Time Commander darkroom timer that I have been using for over thirty years. It has the capability of setting up as many as three programs each with up to six steps. In addition it allows the setting of the drain time before the end of each step.

This programming is very useful in establishing the workflow of the development process. In addition it has a switched outlet that can be connected to the enlarger. This timer has been very handy.

Over the years some of the most frequently used buttons on the keyboard have been breaking off. This has been caused by having switches installed on the circuit board that required extreme amounts of pressure to activate when the buttons are pressed. Eventually the buttons bend and then break off.

Disassembly has shown that there is nothing to glue the buttons to so that they will operate normally. However, I can still use the loose buttons in their holes to press down on the switches so the timer remains operable, but annoying. In fact whenever I move the timer there is a tendency to lose the loose buttons.

I began looking for similar timers that would provide the same functionality. After searching photo dealers on the internet and in catalogs I have come up empty. I have not found any timers with the functionality I am looking for. In fact I can only find timers where the time must be reset for each step.

I would like to know if any forum members are aware of current products that can be programed for more than one step at a time. I can't believe that there are no other timers on the market with capabilities similar to the Vivitar.

Thanks for your help.