Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: My new web site!

Re: My new web site!

nice site, i agre with others comments, also there is no mention of the printing process, i find this is of up most importance , especially if i was interested in purchasing from you

Aside from echoing the positive comments everyone else has made, I find that I'm confused by the pricing. The text with the prices indicates to me that the size I'm looking at is the mat size and not the physical print size. Is that what you intended? Personally, I think the print size is most important. Anyway, you may want to reword the descriptions if you do intend them to refer to the print size.

Bruce

Hi Bruce,
    You read the description as I intended. I sell all my prints by the outside mat description. I rarely have in depth conversations with my patrons about exact image size. From my experience they are more concerned about the framed size and where it will fit.

I don't imagine making sales on the site without an actual dialog with the person interested in purchasing. I felt trying to go into more detail about the width of mat and actual image would make the price list even more difficult to comprehend.

Most of my images I sell at shows and my gallery. I would like to sell on the site but I'm not sure how often that will happen. I look at the site as a sales and marketing tool.

Thanks for the feed back.

www.timeandlight.com

Florida Keys

Looks good John,
    Hey, how was the Coconut Grove show?
    It was nice to met you. Hope you did good.
    Joey

Scott Brewer

Nice job. What a great place to be able to shoot.

One small critique: I'm not sure about labeling the galleries "silver". For photographers it makes sense but to the general public it may be confusing. Also if you begin mixing B&W digital there will not be any confusion or need for another gallery.

Keep up the good work.

John, you mention doing some art fair shows; but I don't see a location/schedule on your site. Any in center/north Florida region?

As to site, a well-designed Flash program should have several areas of configuration. These should include typeface used. Check with your vendor. Also the thumbnails do intrude on viewing the image(s). Maybe some space between them and image which you could do by including a frame around your image. Create thumbs from your images, then alter the images with a border (this is what I do for most of mine).

Great images.
    van Huyck Photography
    "Searching for the moral justification for selfishness" JK Galbraith

Quote Originally Posted by joeyrsmith View Post
    Looks good John,
    Hey, how was the Coconut Grove show?
    It was nice to met you. Hope you did good.
    Joey
    Hi Joey, it was great meeting you too! Thanks for making the trip. The show was awesome. I have never seen so many people at a show and my sales were a personal best. I must have gone through 1500 business cards which is what prompted me to up date my site.

srbphoto Nice job. What a great place to be able to shoot.

One small critique: I'm not sure about labeling the galleries "silver". For photographers it makes sense but to the general public it may be confusing. Also if you begin mixing B&W digital there will not be any confusion or need for another gallery.

Good suggestion I will consider changing that.

Doug Howk: John, you mention doing some art fair shows; but I don't see a location/schedule on your site. Any in center/north Florida region?

As to site, a well-designed Flash program should have several areas of configuration. These should include typeface used. Check with your vendor. Also the thumbnails do intrude on viewing the image(s). Maybe some space between them and image which you could do by including a frame around your image. Create thumbs from your images, then alter the images with a border (this is what I do for most of mine).

Hi Doug, I have a show coming up in a few weeks at Main Sail. This will be my first year there but I think it is a college north of Tampa.

Thanks for the advice on how to treat the thumbs, I will have a look.

Thanks again to all who weighed in with advice.

www.timeandlight.com

Consulting the pineal gland

I wonder how google is treating flash sites now-a-days. It used to be that they were very poorly indexed and I would have suggested having a page with a considerable amount of google candy on it, and the flash within that page. I don't know if natural google search results figure into your sales strategy. Its possible google spiders browse flash now, its been over a year since I'd have read about it, used to be a very important issue for people seeking google traffic.

I am glad to hear that you are changing the "silver" galleries. Also I would like to be able to see some kind of details of your work, or else at least know what was made with an 8x10 and what with a dslr, since they will look very different in the fine details and I can't see for myself. I had presumed that "silver" meant silver gelatin but I now get nervous making any assumption since giclee prints are now being called by so many different names.

Your small prints seem to be priced very low, I presume that is to get new customers but I wonder if you might present the higher priced larger prints first. I've seen this used as an effective sales strategy, right now I feel like I would probably buy the cheapest print if I were buying.

I find the pricing popover very "busy", probably due to the way you present your framing options.

Overall a very nice site. It has a professional feel.

John, enjoyed the website. Are you still using the iQ2 for your scanning?